This month, our monthly webinar series was all about blogging! WeddingWire CMO, Sonny Ganguly, and WeddingWire Editor, Kim Forrest, presented ‘How to Make Blogging Work for You.’ Each one hour webinar for premium WeddingWire Pros is designed to inform you about the latest industry tips, and give you the tools and education you need to Power Your Business!
Did you know there are currently 156 million public blogs in existence, and over 77% of internet users read blogs? Whether you are a blogging Pro, thinking about getting started in the blogging sphere, or looking for new ways to increase your online exposure – this blog gave insights on how to stand out in the wedding and event business and reach new audiences.
Check out some interesting take aways from this month’s webinar:
- Blogs perform best amongst our core group of target audiences – readers aged 21-35 years old
- The two largest blogging platforms have been Blogger and WordPress, but Tumblr is a newer platform and an easy way to create a blog with short posts on the go
- Companies that blog get +97 percent more inbound links to their website, and 434 percent more indexed pages
- Small businesses that blog get +126 percent more leads
- Aim to keep blog posts between 300 and 700 words with an engaging, short headline
- Get published on leading industry blogs – such as WeddingWire, Project Wedding and 2 Bright Lights! (Here is more info on getting published from Kim!)
All of our past webinars are available in our Education Center for upgraded Pros, and stay tuned for information on next month’s webinar!