Being accurately informed and understanding the real story around what goes into planning a same-sex wedding is key for pros who want to be prepared to proudly serve all couples in the increasingly competitive modern market.
As we approach the one year anniversary of marriage equality in June, this month’s educational webinar hosted by Kathryn Hamm, Publisher of GayWeddings.com, and Andy Whittaker, Director of Market Insights at WeddingWire, discussed the latest LGBTQ wedding trends, how LGBTQ weddings differ and are the same as opposite-sex weddings, and how the landscape for same-sex weddings has evolved.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the interesting insights shared during the webinar:
- Gay-friendliness and customer service often outranks industry experience in importance to same-sex couples when it comes time to select their wedding team
- Self-identified same-sex couples who married in 2014 & 2015 remain much more comfortable breaking with traditionally-defined gender roles than previously-wed couples
- Same-sex couples are more likely to have blended wedding parties than opposite-sex couples
- As marriage equality has become the law of the land, legal elopements and out-of-state ceremonies are on the decline for same-sex couples
- Non-LGBTQ couples who value inclusion continue to rise as more couples look to work with wedding professionals who serve all loving couples
For more information, watch the full webinar, available within all Premium member accounts. And stay tuned for more in depth information on the latest wedding trends for today’s same-sex couples, coming soon!
Already listed on GayWeddings.com? Grab your GayWeddings listing badge to add to your website or blog and get added traffic to your listing!