Have you mobilized your business? The worldwide phenomenon of mobile technology is creating a booming market, and it is reported that consumers will spend a whopping $860 billion dollars this year on mobile devices! More importantly for our businesses, a shocking 80 percent of consumers will leave a mobile site after just one bad experience. Don’t miss out on these potential clients interested in your services just because your business has not gone mobile.
Still not convinced the power of mobile?
Here are some stats to get you up to speed on our mobile future:
- By 2014 mobile is predicted to overtake desktop Internet usage
- According to a new report, more than half of American adults now own a smartphone (and 91 percent of adults own a cellphone of some kind)
- The higher your earnings, and the younger you are, the more likely you are to own a smartphone
- One half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices
- Google reports that 40 percent of mobile consumers turned to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile Web experience, and 57 percent wouldn’t recommend a business with a bad mobile site
- The majority of customers will abandon a mobile site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load
- 53 percent of American consumers use their smartphones to access search engines at least once a day
- 43 percent of email is opened on a mobile device, this means think “simplicity first” when designing your email campaign and make your message clear
All of these stats make it very clear that clients are no longer only searching for their perfect Pros on desktops or laptops. This means that you need to create a strong online presence for your business – today!
Luckily, WeddingWire makes it easy to create a mobile site for your business in just a few minutes for premium Pros as part of membership! Get started by logging into your account, navigate to the “Marketing” tab, and select “Mobile Website Creator.” Then, easily optimize your website for mobile and tablet devices. Simply copy and paste your custom code to your business website to get mobile and tablet friendly versions of your site!
Make your business mobile-friendly this year with this mobile goals checklist:
- Create a mobile presence for your website!
- Track your mobile Google Analytics to see how your business is doing with mobile visitors.
- Mobilize your business emails to make your messages optimized for smartphones and tablets, with simple, relevant content and large buttons and a clean design.
- When you visit your mobile site, make sure your business is easy to contact with a quick form or direct button to email or call for more information to maximize leads.
- Keep your directory updates accurate on sites commonly accessed on the go, including: Google Maps, Google+ Local, Yelp and more. Provide a simple description of your services, your hours of operation, your phone number, your address and a link to your website.
Don’t be afraid to embrace our mobile future! By following these Pro tips, you will connect with more new clients searching on the go and positively impact your business this year.