Christine Dyer is a social media expert and the founder of BridalTweet.com. Christine shares her social media expertise with the wedding industry through a series of free wedding marketing videos. As a testament of Christine’s social media success, BridalTweet now has over 14,000 Facebook fans, 44,000 Twitter followers, and over 3,000 Pinterest followers. Prior to launching BridalTweet, Christine Dyer was the Director of Social Media Marketing at American Express where she led the development and growth of their Facebook fan pages, which had 1.6 million fans. Christine received a B.S. and M.B.A. in marketing from Fordham University.
Another year has flown by! 2013 showed us a year of beautiful, elegant weddings, but it’s time to get ready for what’s coming in 2014. Now is the time of year I like to compile bridal trend predictions for the year ahead.
In early December, I reached out to members of BridalTweet’s online wedding community and asked, “What are your predictions for 2014 weddings?” Here are the highlights from the answers that I received from the experts!
1. Hand-painted Wedding Cakes. Predicted by Crystalpearl Jewelry.
2. Detailed Backs. “Backs are going to be the main feature in 2014. Thanks to vintage influences in 2013, 2014 is going to be packed with this subtle yet sexy feature. We are talking keyholes, jeweled embellishments, architectural pleating and lace fill-ins.” – Rachel Morgan
3. Rustic is out. Elegant is in. “Brides are looking for contemporary design with traditional touches. Budgets will still be tight but there will be increased spending on uniqueness and interactive activities for guests.” – Marina Luri Events
4. Tea-Length Dresses. “…have been reappearing throughout 2013 and in 2014, we are expecting to see a tea-length boom. These short designs are super cute and are a bit different than the traditional wedding dress. ” – Rachel Morgan
The next six trends were submitted by OliverINK Publishing…
5. Large Ruffled Skirts
6. Gold Table Decor
7. Brides Posing in Front of Doors
8. Printed/Patterned Bridesmaid Dresses
9. Text-dominant Invitations
10. Tutus for Flower Girls
After reading this list of predictions, I’m sure that you’ll agree that 2014 will bring forth elegant, meaningful moments that we will remember forever!
What are your predictions for 2014 weddings? Please comment below!