A strong reputation is one of the best marketing tools you can have as a wedding professional – so don’t be afraid to network locally with potential clients and build relationships with other wedding pros! By reaching out to your peers, you can create professional connections that can lead to more referrals which means more leads. It’s important to get involved in your community to spread your name and your business skills in order to develop a powerful reputation.
Check out our latest infographic, which provides important highlights from our recent webinar all about building your reputation through wedding industry relationships, hosted by WeddingWire Education Expert Andy Ebon.
To learn more, watch the full webinar available any time to all Premium members. And check out the latest industry data and reports available at WedInsights.com!
If you’re one of the 77% of wedding professionals who has a goal of collecting more online reviews to increase your credibility, we’re here to offer a few thousand more reasons to request reviews from your clients.
For reviews written on WeddingWire from now until May 31, 2016, your clients will be entered to win $5,000 toward their wedding expenses! Invite your clients to review you all month long and they could win money just in time for the summer months ahead.
79% of wedding pros say online reviews are critical to their business, but 48% say collecting online reviews is difficult. Our review contest provides you with another reason to reach out if you’ve already sent a request, and it’s a great incentive for those clients who are still paying off their balances.
Since we know prospective clients like to read reviews to learn more about your business from past couples who have used your services, collecting more reviews helps your online reputation and helps other couples searching for vendors like you.
Easily share this contest with your clients on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or add a note in your emails. Remember, each review counts as one entry – so spread the love by letting them know they could win some major moola!
If you have any additional questions regarding our latest reviews contest, please see our Official Rules.
We are pleased to announce the 2016 Weddi Awards™ winners!
The Weddi Awards™ is WeddingWire’s annual award program distinguishing exceptional businesses and individuals in the wedding industry in the categories of Professional Achievement, Customer Excellence and Innovation + Creativity. Review the full list of winners, and navigate to the award categories, then click on each award name to find out the individual winners.
All winners were announced at the Weddi Awards™ reception at WeddingWire World 2016 last week. Winners receive a trophy to showcase their win, materials to help spread the word, and bragging rights on the Weddi Awards™ website for the year!
Thank you to all those who participated in the Weddi Awards program this year through nominations, voting, judging and collecting great amounts of reviews, endorsements and traffic to great features on WeddingWire. We appreciate your commitment to success and integrity in the industry, as well as your support of colleagues and other Pros.
We look forward to continuing to evolve, expand and improve the program in the future. Stay tuned for details for the 2017 Weddi Awards™ program later this year via the Weddi Awards™ website!
Reviews are a great way to showcase your business, all from the mouths of happy past clients! Beyond just collecting reviews, make sure you make your reviews easy to find, and consider adding them to all your marketing collateral including emails, websites, materials and more.
Our latest infographic highlights 10 creative ways to use your reviews to boost your business from WeddingWire Education Guru Alan Berg, who presented on the topic during a recent webinar for premium members.
Ready to get started? Check out and manage your WeddingWire reviews, request reviews from past clients, and showcase your great reviews!
The Weddi AwardsTM, WeddingWire’s latest awards program for distinguishing exceptional service in the wedding industry, has now launched the voting pages for all Weddi Award nominees!
Earlier this fall, we launched the program and accepted submissions from Pros and peers to honor exceptional work in the industry through a variety of awards in the professional experience, customer excellence and innovation + creativity categories.
To vote, visit the website and click through the award pages to find out what Pros you know have been nominated, and vote for your favorite entry for each voting-based award. Each individual can only vote one time per award (per device), so pick your winner carefully!
The top three nominees with the most votes per award will move on to the final stage of the competition, and will win a free ticket to WeddingWire World 2016 and a special invitation to our Weddi Award reception at the event where the ultimate winner as determined by our panel of 11 industry judges will be announced!
If you or an industry friend has been nominated, share the news! Email, post, and tweet with a link to their award’s voting page and ask your audience of past clients, colleagues, friends and family to vote from now through December 23, 2015 when voting closes at midnight EST. All nominees will be contacted to learn if they are in the top three per award by December 31, 2015.
For more information about the Weddi Awards™, please read our press release here.
Additional questions? Please refer to the Weddi Awards™ FAQ page, or you can reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck to all the nominees!
Before reaching out to a wedding professional, brides and grooms like to read wedding reviews to get a better understanding of your business. In fact, our data shows that 83% of searching couples like to hear what they should expect, not from the vendors themselves, but from past customers who’ve been in their position.
Unlike other awards in the wedding industry, the WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Awards® are solely based on reviews from real newlyweds and their experiences working with their wedding professionals. Our annual awards program recognizes the top five percent of wedding professionals who demonstrate excellence in quality, service, responsiveness and professionalism.
Check out our tips below on how to collect more wedding reviews before the December 31st deadline and get one step closer to winning the 2016 Couples’ Choice Awards:
Send a “Thank You” note to recent clients
Because most communication these days is online, your email may get lost in the chaos of a client’s inbox. To get their attention, consider sending a “Thank You” note to some of your most recent clients! While this may take a little more time than sending an email, a handwritten note will stand out and be appreciated. It’s a personalized way to not only congratulate them on their wedding but also a great way to ask them to post a review for you. Just be sure to make it clear in your note that they can review you by going to your Storefront, and include the link whenever possible.
Remind your 2015 couples to leave a review
Take advantage of collecting feedback from all the events you worked so hard for all spring and summer! 1 in 5 couples will write a review when asked by their vendor, and that number increases to 1 in 3 if they are reminded at least once. The WeddingWire Review Collector makes requesting, following up, and getting reviews simple. You can upload your clients’ email addresses and use our pre-formatted templates or a craft personalized message to send your past clients a polite request to review your services. Additionally, you can share with your clients on Facebook or Twitter using our messaging!
Check out the latest updates to your WeddingWire account this November!
New Storefront Edit Mode
We are excited to share that your account editing options have been improved to better build out your business’ Storefront. Updates include a streamlined design that gives you the ability to update your listing from all devices – mobile to desktop to tablet!
Plus, thanks to feedback from Pros like you, we have added additional popular social networks you can now add to your Storefront, including Instagram, Vimeo and YouTube. Plus, we updated the About Us formatting so you can more easily customize your profile, and preview your Storefront on WeddingWire, EventWire and GayWeddings.com, based on the site’s you are listed on.
Take a look» Continue reading
The Weddi AwardsTM is WeddingWire’s latest awards program for distinguishing exceptional service in the wedding industry. You can submit your business or industry colleagues who deserve recognition to win!
Honor extraordinary work by submitting your business or a peer for a Weddi AwardTM in the main categories of Professional Achievement, Customer Excellence, and Innovation & Creativity. Business’ with the most total wedding reviews on WeddingWire in the US, Canada, by region, and by category will also win. View all awards on the Weddi Awards™ website, and see some highlighted awards below.
You could win:
- Best Real Wedding
- Most Creative Use of Social Media
- Most Total Wedding Reviews by Category
- Most Effective Branding
- The Rising Star Award
- Most Helpful Mentor Award
- Most Charitable, Wedding Related
- And more!
The top three candidates for each award will receive a complimentary standard ticket to WeddingWire World 2016, where candidates will be invited to a special awards reception where winners will be announced awarded with a custom trophy (and bragging rights!). Be sure to purchase your WeddingWire World ticket now before our next price increase, and any tickets purchased by winners will be refunded.
Applications close after November 18th, 2015, so don’t wait! You can submit to as many awards as you would like, but you can only submit once per award, per business.
Learn more and start submitting today!
Yesterday, we rolled out a new Client Proposal feature and review improvements to make it easier for users to review you. Learn more below!
Introducing Client Proposals
Due to member requests, we are excited to announce a new addition to your client management tools within your WeddingWire account. You can now create client proposals to send to prospective clients!
Easily customize your package options to share with prospective clients. Then, when you book the client simply convert it to a client contract with just a click to keep you organized and to save time! Take a look »
Now your clients can review your business directly on WeddingWire easier than ever with new improvements to the client review experience.
Updated features include saving the review while they write it so no info gets lost, the ability for newlyweds to submit a review without a password, and updating the Review Collector tool to default to your custom WeddingWire URL. Request new reviews »
To learn more about the new client proposals feature, check out this article. Review the Support Center for more information on all updates and common account questions, or email email@example.com any time.
In addition to fresh flowers and warmer temperatures, WeddingWire is giving your clients 1,000 more reasons to love spring.
During the month of May, each wedding review written on WeddingWire is another chance for your clients to win $1,000! Invite your clients to review you all month long and they could win money just in time for the summer months.
We know that the spring and summer months can be extremely busy for many wedding and event professionals, and it can be hard to get couples to follow up after the big day. The prospect of winning some extra cash is a great incentive to motivate your clients to write a review of your business!
Remember that customers look at the quality, quantity, recency and consistency of your reviews, meaning that you should be collecting at least one review each month. And with 88% of consumers trusting online reviews as much as personal recommendations, reviews go a long way towards building your online reputation.
To make it easy to share this contest with your clients, we’ve added pre-populated messaging in the Review Collector to help you spread the word when you request reviews. Additionally, you can share with your clients on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, as well as within your emails and more. Each review written during the May review contest is another chance to win, so start collecting now!
If you have any additional questions regarding our December reviews contest, please see our Official Rules.
By now, it’s clear: Reviews and testimonials are extremely important for wedding and event professionals. Your WeddingWire Storefront already features your reviews prominently to help engaged couples evaluate whether or not your business is a good fit, but it’s important to extend those reviews beyond your Storefront to feature them on your website, blog or other branded online sites.
We offer awards for the quantity and quality of your reviews through annual programs like the WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Awards® and WeddingWire Rated, which both include badges you can proudly display on your website. In addition, premium WeddingWire members can highlight one review to be featured at the top of their reviews on their Storefront, but you may have a ton of great reviews that you want to show the world! If you want to start displaying your reviews in other places online, use these best practices to get started.
- Select reviews from customers who best represent your ideal prospect. You know your ideal customer: that bride or groom who loves your services and sees the value in your expertise without having to negotiate. Those customers are often the easiest to please and would therefore be more likely to write you a stellar review. Put your best foot forward by featuring this type of review!
- Select reviews that include specific details about your service. Reviews that detail how nice or professional you are can still be valuable, but when featuring reviews on your website or blog it’s important to select those reviews that go into specific detail about your business. This gives web visitors and prospects a better idea of what to expect, and lends more credibility to the reviewer.
- Feature several short reviews instead of a few long ones. If you have limited space, it’s best to display several shorter reviews instead of one or two long reviews. Short reviews will make it easy for those who like to skim through the list, and featuring reviews from multiple clients shows that your business is able to satisfy a variety of clients with different needs and budgets.
- …But don’t be afraid of long reviews. If you’re featuring reviews on multiple pages of your website or blog, you can leverage one or two longer reviews on each page. For example, if you have separate pages for your DJ services and lighting and décor services, feature a review that mentions specific details about your DJ services on the DJ page and a review that mentions specific details about your lighting and décor services on the lighting page.
- Include names, titles and locations when possible. While reviews you receive on WeddingWire may not include the full name of the reviewer depending on his or her privacy settings, that doesn’t mean your business can’t use names if you have permission from the client. If you have a good relationship with the client, feel free to reach out for approval on using more details about them on your website.
- Feature the reviewer’s head shot. When you reach out to your client for permission to use more identifying information to accompany the review, why not ask for a recent head shot? Visual confirmation that the reviewer is a real person can be extremely powerful when combined with an already favorable review.
- Don’t forget the quotation marks! This may seem silly, but quotation marks are a huge visual indicator that the review is unedited and straight from the reviewer. Forgetting to include them may indicate to visitors and prospects that you’ve made edits or changed the review in some way. Always include quotation marks to ensure readers know that the review is a direct quote.
- Be consistent in formatting. Though you should never edit a review, you can make sure that the name, title, location and/or headshot formatting is consistent across all the reviews you display. Also think about the styling of the review – you can use big block quotation marks or italic text to distinguish the review from the rest of the page. However you choose to style your reviews, keep it consistent so that the reader can easily follow and understand what the reviews say about your business.
Displaying your WeddingWire reviews on your website or blog is a great step towards using what your customers say as part of your sales process to help manage your online reputation! These best practices will help your business convince more visitors that your business is the right choice boost conversion rates on your contact forms.
Don’t have that perfect review yet? Keep collecting reviews! Start here.
Collecting feedback about your wedding business is an important part of your business’ growth. With over two million reviews collected so far on WeddingWire.com, we know that reviews play a huge role in a business’ online reputation in today’s modern world!
Did you know that in addition to collecting reviews from your clients, you can also collect endorsements from other wedding professionals through your existing WeddingWire account?
Think of an endorsement as a review from a fellow wedding professional. Reviews from your clients show potential clients how well your business delivered on the day of the wedding or event, but endorsements from other professionals help potential clients see how credible your business is amongst your peers. Both reviews and endorsements, together, give a full picture of your business’ reputation.
Not convinced? Here are three reasons why professional endorsements should be part of your feedback process:
- Getting professional references has never been easier. Easily receive endorsements for your skills and business practices from other Wedding Pros you’ve worked with and build more credibility with potential new clients.
- Build instant credibility and strengthen your professional brand. Accumulating endorsements from other local Wedding Pros will instantly add credibility to your business and show that your professional network recognizes your work.
- Endorse the Pros you know and give back to your peers. Endorsing other businesses is a great way to recognize your colleagues and help strengthen your peer connections within your network.
Use the Pros I Know tool to send or accept invitations to connect with other wedding and event professionals you know or have previously worked with. You can easily navigate between your connections, those you sent invitations to, and those who you received invitations.