With engagement season upon us, it’s important for wedding and event professionals to increase the traffic coming to your Storefronts or websites to generate more revenue! But it’s also the holiday season, which means engaged couples have a lot of other things on their minds.
You likely see fewer inquiries, reviews and other activities in your account during the holidays. How do you keep couples coming to your Storefront even when they’re focused on impending holiday travel and plans?
Below are several things your business can do to increase your Storefront traffic during this tough time of year!
- Promotions: Deals are a great way to drive more interest, especially during this time of the year when everyone one is looking for a good bargain! Get the attention of potential clients by giving them a better deal for a limited time. Use your social media pages and email to alert your audience of any promotions you establish.
- Gifts: Tis’ the season of giving! Consider giving a free gift to clients who book you during the holidays! This is similar to a deal, but instead of offering a discount, you can make your packages more appealing. Try offering a free gift that they’ll want to use in their wedding planning! Your gift could also come in the form of a gift certificate for other services you provide.
- Host a party: What better time to network, connect and book clients than with a holiday party? A holiday party with food, drinks and even raffles could help build awareness of your brand. Just remember to provide guests with a business card and other materials that tell them how to find out more about your business!
- Give back to those in need: Think about ways you can give to your community! Not only will you help someone in need, but you’ll also earn a lot of goodwill for your business. Use our Love. Write. Feed. program as an example – pledge a donation amount for a certain action your clients can take.
These four ideas will help you continue to bring in business over the holidays, despite the holiday distractions! What strategies have you tried in years past? Let us know in the comments.
Wedding season is almost here and clients are looking for great deals, so here are a few Pro tips and suggestions if you consider creating deal for your WeddingWire Storefront!
Deals are created in your business Storefront by selecting the Deals tab. When adding a deal, make your deal title is something that’s going to catch the attention of engaged couples. Try using the words “free”, “savings” or “percent off.” These phases can jump out to a client looking for a good deal, encouraging them to act and contact you for more information. Another tip: always make sure you are following all Community Guidelines when creating your title.
· When considering how interested parties can redeem your deal remember to think of what is easiest for your clients. Consider how many potential clients may be reviewing your listing on their mobile devices or who may not have easy access to a printer. Printing a coupon can be difficult; consider using a personalized promo code such as WeddingWire2013 or WWPromo. This way they can act fast and send the code in their email to you, or mention it on the phone, and you will easily know they found your deal on WeddingWire!
· Additionally, all deals must have an original value. For example if you are doing a percentage off a specific package, be sure to include what the base price of the package would be. For example, if you are offering 20% off a photoshoot, be sure to include your standard rate before any discount is applied. This helps to showcase the great deal that the potential client is taking advantage of!
In your deal description, be sure to provide all the details your client should know, and what they may ask Tell them exactly what you are offering, any restrictions, and again how to redeem it. Additionally, it is helpful to add an image (especially if your deal is a tangible item). Finally, expiration dates and deal limits are great because they drive urgency and will encourage the couple to take action to get the deal before it expires!
Need some deal ideas? Here are some examples that Pros like you are using:
- Discount on facility when mentioning they were found on WeddingWire
- Time of the year or day of the week wedding package discount
Beauty and Health:
- Free or discounted service to try your product out before their big day
- Group special for large bridal parties
- Buffet upgrade
- Select percentage off with a certain number of guests
WeddingWire Deals can help you attract new customers, gain additional exposure and stand out from your competition. We’ve added new functionality that allows your business to create a coupon or online promo code that you can share via Facebook and Twitter. Not only is it easy to do, but you have additional flexibility to offer deals by amount or percentage, include a limit and expiration date, and even include a custom image with your description.
Create Your Deal
- Login to your WeddingWire account and click on the My Storefront tab
- Scroll down and click on the Deals tab
- Click on the “Add new deal” button
- Complete the form with details about your deal, make sure to complete all fields and make the deal attractive to potential clients!
- Click the “Preview Deal” button
- You will be able to see how the deal will look, if you’d like to make any changes click the “Edit Deal” button. If everything looks good to go, click the “Submit Deal” button.
Share Your Deal
Now that you’ve submitted a deal, it is easy to spread the word on Facebook or Twitter with our share buttons available on each deal. Make sure you are logged into your Facebook or Twitter account and then just press the corresponding button!
Okay so that was easy, but you might have a few questions. See some common FAQ’s below but feel free to ask anything else in the comments section!
||This post was written by Sonny Ganguly, CMO of WeddingWire, you can follow him on Twitter @sonnyg. A full version of this article is available in the Education Center. Sonny leads WeddingWire’s marketing strategy, customer acquisition, and business development.
The basic concept of “Group Buying” is simple: get a lot of people to purchase large quantities of a product or service for a deeply discounted price. Your marketing costs are automatically built in to the discount and the goal is that you get a lot of brand new customers. However, in the wedding industry, these types of group buying services can be more difficult to deliver a positive ROI. That is because most of your customers may not provide repeat business. So, if you discount heavily the first time it may be difficult to make a profit off of these new customers. That being said, deals are a great way to motivate potential customers to make immediate decisions.
Pros & Cons
When used effectively, group buying is a powerful way to grow your client base:
- Good for Cash Flow: One of the best benefits is you get the money upfront. This can be especially useful in the wedding industry, where the offseason can create swings. Keep in mind that most group buying services make payments over a 90 day period.
- Low Risk: You only pay a percentage of total sales generated from a deal thanks to performance-based advertising.
- New Customers: You aren’t sending the deal out to your own list, so you get the opportunity to cast a wider net and reach new clients.
- The Lazy Purchaser: Some people simply won’t redeem their deal, but you’ve already been paid!
With such deep discounting and high volume client acquisition, it’s also important to keep a few things in mind:
- The House Gets Half: The affiliate takes a significant cut of the total purchase price, usually 50%. Tack that onto the discount you are already providing, and you can end up providing your service at cost (or worse, below your break even). Keep this in mind when calculating the percentage discount you are willing to offer. Many times businesses find themselves making $0.25 on the dollar (a 50% discount, plus half of the purchase price to the deal site). Yikes!
- Keep Seasonality in Mind: You don’t want to schedule a group deal during your busiest months. Use the influx of new customers to hedge against your offseason.
- Know Thy Repeat Customer: Not everyone will turn into a repeat customer, especially in the wedding industry. There will be people that simply will use your business only because they have a voucher. Be sure and identify potential repeat business in the midst of deal-hunters.
- Not for Every Business: There are certain categories in the wedding industry that lend themselves better to deals, particularly those with add-on products or multiple touch points in the customer lifecycle. An invitation store may be able to bring someone in with a deal for save-the-dates and keep them around for purchases of the invitations and more.
WeddingWire has updated the Deals section of your account. It is now easier to create deals and share them with your customers using the new Twitter and Facebook features!
By adding a new wedding deal on WeddingWire, you can attract new customers, get more business, gain additional exposure and stand out from your competition!
Get started >>
With the announcement of Groupon’s IPO earlier this week, there is a lot of buzz around what will happen with the concept of online deal sites in the future. The deal space continues to expand with Groupon, LivingSocial, Facebook Deals, and many competitors offering “the best deals” to consumers locally and nationwide.
We thought we’d share some interesting stats you may not have known about this relatively new form of marketing, for more details see the original article here.
50% of online consumers will redeem a coupon in 2011
Most Users are Females, 18 – 34
Groupon traffic grew by 712% from 2009 to 2010
Average time spent on group buying sites increased by 153%
Spend set to increase to $3.9b by consumers in 2015
Foursquare is a location-based social networking service that allows users to “check-in” to different locations like stores and restaurants. As a business, you have the ability to offer specials to those that check in to your location. This feature was recently enhanced, making the process quicker and easier to set up.
When a client checks in to your business, they can add a comment and post the news to other sites including Facebook and Twitter. Even if you don’t set up a deal or offer, make sure you set up your business on Foursquare – it’s free word of mouth marketing!
To create a special:
1.First you must claim your business, if you haven’t already – this article explains how
2. Click on Manager Tools
3. Click on Campaigns and then Start a Campaign
4. Click to Add a Special Continue reading
Running a promotion? Use your WeddingWire account to spread the word. Engaged couples can easily search for current deals in their area to find your current offers and get more information about your business since all deal link to the Wedding Pros’ Storefront.
Adding your deal is a simple 5-step process:
1. Login to your Storefront
2. Click on the Deals tab
3. Click the “Add New Deal” button
4. Enter the main details about your deal
5. Click the “Add Deal” button to save your deal
In the day and age of Groupon and LivingSocial, everyone is looking for a good deal. Adding your ongoing promotions and deals will help your business get more exposure. Note: all deals are reviewed by WeddingWire, which reserves the right to approve or deny any deals.