Interested in improving your exposure on twitter for your business? Check out some top tips below on how to encourage more engagement with your audience, improve your exposure and ultimately, gain more followers on this leading social media site!
Buddy Media has recently analyzed over 320 of the twitter handles for some of the world’s biggest brands to determine what action is most effective. Check out top tips below, and for more information of improved twitter engagement, review their Tweet Cheat Sheet!
Top Tips to Use Twitter Effectively:
- Keep tweets short: Tweets that contain less than 100 characters receive higher engagement than longer tweets
- Use a hashtag (or two!): Businesses that use hashtags receive two times more engagement than those without them. However, avoid using more than two hashtags in each tweet, or engagement will drop.
- Post images with your tweets when relevant: Your followers love photos! Post of a picture at your next event, or share a daily inspiration photo. Tweets with images receive twice the engagement as tweets without images.
- Add a call to action to reply or retweet: Give your followers something to do! Adding a request to “RT” or “retweet” will increase the amount of times your message is shared by your audience, because you are requesting them to act. Use with your most engaging tweets, and gain more traction on twitter.
- Add interesting and relevant links: Share interesting links with your audiences. Whether it is a link to the latest wedding trends, news, or an exciting event you just registered to attend—share it!