Did you know that 1 out of every 8 minutes online is spent on Facebook? The new Facebook Insights is an invaluable tool for your business to gain insight into how to maximize your exposure for your business page and effectively engage with your audience.
Facebook Insights allow you to:
- Understand the performance of your business page
- Optimize how you publish to your audience so that your followers will share with their friends
- Learn more about who you audience is, and how to best connect with them!
To view your Insights page, click on the Insights tab on the top left hand side of your page. The four metrics at the top of your Insights tab allow you to quickly understand the size and engagement of your audience through the following:
- Total Likes: number of unique people who Like your page
- Friends of Fans: number of unique people who are friends with your current fans
- People Talking About This: number of unique people who have created a story about your Page in the last week
- Total Reach: number of unique people who have seen any content associated with your page
Keep in mind that posting to your page regularly with engaging content encourages more people to talk about your business and share it with their friends, which means you will reach more people! Need ideas for content that will interest your audience and encourage sharing? Post unique wedding ideas, links to industry events in your area, photos from a recent event, inspiration you love, or wedding tips and advice for your audience!
Optimize how you publish to your audience by evaluating engagement level of each post in your Insights tab, which gives valuable feedback to content that is popular with your audience, and what type of content is less engaging. Evaluate your most engaged posts, which provides insight into the type of information you can use moving forward to enhance sharing! This section provides specific reach, engaged users, sharing and virality about each individual post.
Facebook Insights also allows you to gain demographics about your audience. You can check Total Visits to Your Page and see your overall page traffic on a weekly basis. By clicking on the Fans, Reach and Talking About This tabs on the left-hand side of your page, you can learn more about:
- Who is Visiting: gender, age, city, country and language of your audience
- How you Reached Them: how visitors were driven to your page, and unique visitors frequency
Need help? Page tips, located at the bottom right-hand corner of your Admin Panel make it easy to develop your page! Also, check out the new Resources tab to help you further develop your page.
For a full overview of Facebook Insights, check out Facebook’s guide. Happy posting!