Twitter recently came out with a new “Follow” button so that you can allow your website visitors to follow your handle directly from your website. If the user is already logged in to their account, they press the button and voila! You have a new follower. If they aren’t logged in, they will receive a pop up prompting their username and password, then, you will have a new follower!
The process is surprisingly easy, check out the steps below:
- Log into your Twitter account and visit this link
- Your username will prepopulate, make sure it’s correct
- Select your website background color
- Do you want to show how many people are also following you on Twitter? Select Yes if you’ve built up a good number, hold off if you are a new user
- Choose your language
- Copy the code from the right side of the screen and add to your website or provide to your web developer
Have you tried out the new Follow button yet? How has it worked for your business?