How social is your business? Today’s couples are highly engaged on social media and love sharing, posting and liking as they plan their wedding online and on-the-go. 72% of internet users are active on social media and 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision – and this includes decisions for their big day! Social marketing is a must for your brand in the wedding industry.
WeddingWire CMO Sonny Ganuguly hosted this month’s educational webinar for premium members and shared his tips for how to stand out online and build a strong brand using social media.
Check out these tips for building a buzzworthy brand on top social media sites:
- When posting on Facebook, the largest social network, keep in mind the highest traffic occurs mid-week between 1-3pm, and post engagement is 18% higher on Thursday and Friday. Be sure to post great content at these times!
- Twitter users are three times more likely to follow brands than Facebook users. Learn more about your followers by reviewing the recently launched analytics.twitter.com and tailor your sharing according to your user interest and engagement style.
- Google+ is the 2nd largest social network in regards to amount of users. While they still working to increase user engagement on this site, take advantage of the boost it can give your posts! Posts see a +350% increase when shared using the +1 button so be sure to add this button to your posts and create a business Google+ account. Not only are 6 billion hours watched per month on YouTube, but it is also the #1 network for 18-34 year olds.
- Pinterest users are 5 times more active than Facebook fans on WeddingWire. Add a “Pin It” button to all your event photos and blog posts to get your business exposure on this photo-centric network with 40 million monthly active users.
- Over 20+ billion photos have been shared to date on Instagram and it is used by 200 million people each month. Not only that by it is a favorite network of the teen and young adult audience – so get posting images with hashtags like #engagementshoot #weddingphotography and more to reach new clients searching these terms.
For more great tips and additional details, be sure to watch the full webinar!
Did you know that all of our past webinars are available in our Education Center for premium Pros to view at any time? Check it out for some great education and inspiration on important topics to improve your business.