The building blocks of social media focus around connecting and sharing with people, audiences, and businesses of interest.
As a wedding and event professional, it is important to establish a presence for yourself on Facebook and other leading social media sites where you can add a personality to your business, connect with clients and future clients, gain online exposure, and work to build your brand.
We know that it sometimes be difficult to stay motivated or inspired in your posts, and it can be tempting to continuously share the same types of content – which may not always be super engaging to your audience.
- Photos: Pictures are a great way to grab someone’s attention! An interesting image catches the eye of users. Photos that are large, colorful or unique particularly stand out (and generate ‘likes’). Consider sharing a snapshot from your latest event, a ‘work in progress’ shot of your set-up or service prep, or your favorite latest inspiration image.
- Fill in the Blanks: Status updates with a ‘fill in the blank’ option are great at driving engagement with your post, as viewers are directed to reply. This gives your audience a chance to contribute, show their creativity, and connect with your business. Consider asking them to describe their perfect wedding or event in two words, a short caption for how they are feeling today, and more. Be sure to participate in responses, and encourage communication between your repliers when relevant.
- Photo Captions: Next time you post a photo, ask your audience to come up with a caption! Most people love a good ‘caption contest’ and enjoy the chance to get creative and share their thoughts. Keep an eye on your responses and use your favorite with attribution (and thank everyone else for their great ideas!).
- Questions: Asking questions is probably one of the easiest methods to get your audience to comment and share their thoughts. Ask a question along with a link the next time you share a link to your blog or an interesting article you read. Without asking a question, people might just read the article and move on, but asking for their thoughts or additional ideas starts the conversation.
- Tips: Share your Pro tips! Your followers will be interested in your knowledge, and welcome your experience. For example, share your tips for staying cool during a summer outdoor wedding, etiquette best practices for the rehearsal dinner, how to get an unforgettable bridal party shot and more. Consider doing a themed ‘tip of the week’ for a fun and timely post.
- Quotes: Quotes are one of the easiest and most popular ways to get ‘likes’ and ‘shares’ on Facebook (and is very applicable to the wedding industry!). Quotes are often inspirational, making it personal in nature and memorable to your audience, who may, in turn, want to share it with their community.
Overall, Facebook posts should be fun, engaging and relevant to your business. These top 6 types of posts are a great way to get out of a ‘Facebook rut’ and gain more attention to your Facebook page.
What do you think of these tips? Do you have any to add to the list?