This post was written by Sonny Ganguly, CMO of WeddingWire. You can follow him on Twitter @sonnyg. Sonny leads WeddingWire’s marketing strategy, customer acquisition, and business development.
Yesterday, we featured Part 1 of “5 Steps to Build Your Online Reputation,” featuring the importance of knowing what your audience is saying about you and your business, and how to make feedback an important part of your business process from the start.
Review the next two keys to building a powerful online reputation below, and check back soon for the final step!
All Types of Feedback are Welcome – The more positive feedback you receive, the better results you will see for your business. Reviews are the most powerful form of client feedback, but don’t forget about testimonials, social mentions and endorsements. Testimonials have always been a strong way to gather feedback on your own website or blog. Social mentions and likes can be a quick and easy way to get clients to leave feedback. Getting a bride or groom to ‘like’ your business on Facebook only takes seconds, but can reach a large audience. Finally, endorsements from other wedding professionals can show your expertise within an industry context. We have made it simple to collect all forms of feedback on WeddingWire to help strengthen your business reputation.
- 95% of engaged couples use online reviews to select their wedding vendors
- Double-digit reviews drive more success! Our research shows that businesses with 11 or more reviews get +106% more traffic to their profiles and listings
- 52% of consumers trust online reviews just as much as personal recommendations
- When you receive a positive feedback, share the good news on your website, blog and social media!
- Be sure to follow up and thank your clients for taking the time to provide feedback
Remember the Four Keys – The four keys for effective reviews are: Quality, Quantity, Consistency and Recency. Receiving high quality reviews are important because they show you provide great results, and that your previous clients were very happy with your service. A high quantity of reviews shows your track record of a lot of business, and therefore a lot of experience! The more reviews you receive over time shows your consistency from year to year, and helps to ensure potential clients of what they can expect. Finally, it is important for you to continue to request new, recent reviews so that engaged couples know you are still on top of your game!
- WeddingWire recently launched our new Review Collector Tool, which makes it simple to get reviews from your past clients. Simply enter email addresses of past clients, craft a message and it will automatically send emails to gather reviews on your behalf.