As a busy wedding and event professional, we know that it may be difficult to find the time to invest in yourself and your continued education. However, educational events like top industry and category-specific conferences, as well as joining top national associations and attending local chapter and networking events for other Wedding Pros are incredibly valuable.
Three keys to growing your business and expanding your reputation through education include:
- Attending the best educational industry conferences for your business (see our list below for some ideas!)
- Reviewing top Associations and groups in your service category and local location and considering a membership for added education, networking opportunities, special member benefits and more
- Networking with other local Pros You Know and attending events to make new connections – they could lead to your next big referral (and don’t forget to return the favor!)
Show your commitment to your business and personal growth by exploring these valuable education events and opportunities. Here is a list of a few of the education and association conferences WeddingWire and our Education Experts will be at this year – we would love to see you there! Check them out for more information and to see if they are a fit for your business.
- WeddingWire World: Learn with WeddingWire! Attend our own dedicated user’s conference full of top educational sessions created to grow your business from the industry’s leaders, one-on-one customer support sessions to maximize your account, as well as great networking opportunities with industry peers and more. There is exciting news coming your way about WeddingWire World 2014 – stay tuned for details coming soon!
- WPPI: The Wedding & Portrait Photography Conference and Expo is taking place in Las Vegas, NV on March 3-5, 2014. Attendees learn tips, strategies, news and more through classes, seminars and expo booths dedicated for professional wedding photographers.
- The NACE Experience!: The National Association for Catering and Events’ annual conference is taking place in Baltimore, MD on July 13-15, 2014. Attendees will access great sessions, resources and networking to support, promote and enhance their business in the catering and special events industry.
- The Las Vegas DJ Show: Hosted by WeddingWire association partner, ADJA, The Las Vegas DJ Show is the largest conference dedicated to the DJ industry and is taking place in Las Vegas, NV on September 7-10, 2014. Attendees will enjoy great sessions, DJ workshops, networking events and access a large expo.
- Wedding MBA: All categories of wedding professionals join together in Las Vegas, NV for one of the largest educational conferences in the industry. This year’s event will be September 16-18, 2014 and attendees will enjoy a variety of educational seminars (including four from our own WeddingWire Execs and several from Education Guru Alan Berg), a fun expo and exciting networking and event parties. Pro Tip: Save $20 on your ticket using WeddingWire’s special link.
- ABC Business of Brides Conference: WeddingWire association partner, ABC, hosts their annual Business of Brides conference each fall for Wedding and Event Planners and Professionals. This year’s conference will be in beautiful Jamaica on November 8-14, 2014 and is designed to help you tune up business skills with presentations and breakout sessions from top industry leaders, network and enjoy fun industry evening events.
Ready for some knowledge now? Great resources are available within your WeddingWire account to educate you and your team members 24/7 so you can review the latest great education anytime through our inventory of webinars and WeddingWire account tool tips and training videos, available in the Education Center for premium members.