Networking is an important part of your business’ growth! Being a good networker will help you to get more leads, build more connections and gain more industry knowledge. This month’s educational webinar for premium members focused on the value of networking.
WeddingWire Education Guru Alan Berg shared his insights on how to become a super networker and get noticed in a competitive market. Check out these top five tips for networking success, below!
- Un-clique: You can’t extend your network without meeting new contacts! It may be comfortable to stick with industry friends at events, but challenge yourself to meet new people and you may be rewarded with a new friend, mentor or future referee.
- Be a resource: Be helpful to your network and offer advice, tips or insights to other Pros from across categories when you feel comfortable with a new connection. People enjoy and respect others who are friendly and working to making the industry better as a whole, and your openness will be noticed and appreciated.
- Refer others first: Want to know a secret to getting more Pro referrals? Offer to refer them first! While it is important to only refer Pros you do know and feel comfortable with, making the “first move” when you know a client who may need a great florist or Planner in town can break the ice. Referrals are always appreciated, and they will be likely to return the favor.
- Volunteer: A great way to get involved with a group and meet new people is by volunteering. Whether you are new to the group or industry, a bit shy, or just want to get some experience with your group or community – volunteering to help with an upcoming event or for a leadership position will be a great ice breaker to meet new connections.
- Be visible: Make your presence known in your local community. Take advantage of networking events, volunteer your services when you can, and join the important local groups in your service category or city. The more people who know you (and your work) the more you will build your brand which will lead to new business.
For more great tips and additional details, be sure to watch the full webinar!
Joining local educational groups or national associations for wedding professionals or within your category is a great way to meet new people, build referral lists and learn insights from other Pros. Also, be sure to take advantage of networking events within your community, such as our WeddingWire Networking Nights, Mix & Mingles, Workshops or WeddingWire World events — which occur in cities throughout the U.S. each year. Keep an eye on your inbox for when we will be coming to a city near you!
Did you know that all of our past webinars are available in our Education Center for premium Pros to view at any time? Check it out for some great education and inspiration on important topics for your business from sales to social media, marketing and more.