This past Monday, we held our third WeddingWire Networking Night (WWNN) for local Wedding Pros. Our team had a great time meeting many of the New York City Wedding Pros as they mingled with one another. Guests also enjoyed food and beverages as they listened to WeddingWire CMO, Sonny Ganguly, give an educational presentation on social and mobile trends.
Congratulations to Omar Lopez of Omar Lopez Photography and MarriageNYC, Inc. – you won our WeddingWire prize pack drawing valued at over $200!
Special thanks to Midtown Loft & Terrace, Creative Concepts NYC, Jarrell Entertainment, City Sweets & Confections, Studio Saldana, and Cress Floral Decorators.
The WeddingWire Team
Scrumptious cupcakes provided by City Sweets & Confections
WeddingWire’s CMO, Sonny Ganguly, presenting on Social & Mobile
| Continue reading
Any and all content on your website and blog can help to enhance your SEO. Google and other search engines can index your images to make them available in organic search as well. Keep these things in mind as you update your images on the web:
Stay on topic. When selecting an image, make sure it relates to the content on the webpage. Often images will catch someone’s eye before the content, so make sure it corresponds to the text on the page. If they are interested in the image, then they might stop to read more.
What’s in a name? Pick a related keyword as the name of your file. This will help with how images are ranked in search results. Rather than “pic1” or “logo” try something like “wedding dress” or something you would expect someone to type into the search bar.
Use Alt Text. If an image does not immediately download, you can specify the text that will appear in its place. This Alt Text also helps search engines know what the image is about. Using descriptive text and keywords here can also help your ranking.
Size matters. Try to follow the goldilocks rule here, not too big and not too small. Usually a larger image will perform better however you want to make sure it doesn’t take up the entire page and you balance images with text. A good rule of thumb is to have a larger image above the fold aligned to the left or right of your text.
By following these quick tips you can help convey your message using images and boost your search results. Just remember to use your keywords! For more ideas and information, click here.
So you’re thinking about re-branding or changing your business name? We urge you to think twice before you do – and it’s for a reason that might not have initially occurred to you.
Google and other search engines regularly “crawl” through the internet to index websites which affects that site’s ranking in search results. At WeddingWire we help to SEO your business so that it your Storefront will typically come up on the first page of search results. But when you change your business name, it affects much more that you might not have thought about. It will take time to rebuild that high placement when you change your name because it affects the custom URL of your business as well as other SEO tags on the page.
Have you recently changed your business name and experienced a drop in SEO? Share your experience below.
So you created a blog for your business, now how do you make sure you drive traffic and keep them coming back for more? Beyond creating fresh and interesting content, take a look at the 3 simple steps below to retain your visitors.
1. Get out there and spread the word. Guest blogging allows you to reach a greater audience who may not have heard of your business otherwise. Ask any and all of your contacts or your favorite blogs if you can write for them. Then be sure to feature some of your best content, linking back to your own blog.
2. Roll out the welcome mat. Create a page or section of your blog explaining who you are and what you do. Include any general information or special tidbits you want to be sure new visitors see. You could even create a personal YouTube video posted on the sidebar of your blog to welcome new readers. “Meeting” you face-to-face will help them establish a personal connection and they will be more likely to return.
3. Make it easy to come back. A new visitor might stumble onto your blog and love it, but how will you ensure they come back? Making it easy for them to bookmark your page, or even helping them subscribe to your RSS or email will do just that. Here is a great plugin to help you do just that.
For more information and ideas, check out this article. Try them out and be sure to monitor your traffic to see your numbers go up! Let us know what strategies work best for you.
Did you know your business is listed on Wedding Aces? A website dedicated to provide engaged couples with firsthand knowledge and experiences of planning a wedding from none other than the experts themselves! They also have the ability to search our vendor catalog directly off the Wedding Aces website.
Our featured Wedding Pros share tips, tools, and tricks of the trade for all aspects of planning a wedding to help couples through the exciting, but often stressful, wedding planning experience.
Want to be an Ace? Feel free to contact our team through this form to get more information.
Foursquare is a location-based social networking service that allows users to “check-in” to different locations like stores and restaurants. As a business, you have the ability to offer specials to those that check in to your location. This feature was recently enhanced, making the process quicker and easier to set up.
When a client checks in to your business, they can add a comment and post the news to other sites including Facebook and Twitter. Even if you don’t set up a deal or offer, make sure you set up your business on Foursquare – it’s free word of mouth marketing!
To create a special:
1.First you must claim your business, if you haven’t already – this article explains how
2. Click on Manager Tools
3. Click on Campaigns and then Start a Campaign
4. Click to Add a Special Continue reading
As noted in this Entrepreneur.com article, a contact form “legitimizes your business by offering a real person to contact, and helps you gather leads.” If you don’t already have one, WeddingWire makes it easy for your business to add a Contact Us form to your website and/or blog. It is important the form is in a prominent location on your website so that potential clients will actually use it.
To add your custom form:
1. Log in to your WeddingWire account
2. Click here, or on the My Inbox tab
3. You have the option of collecting Wedding City & State and an additional Message Box, if you would not like to display these fields simply uncheck the corresponding boxes
4. Click and copy the HTML code for the Contact Us widget
5. Paste onto your website and/or blog
Thats it! When someone fills out this form, their information will populate into the Leads section of your WeddingWire account and you will receive an email notification. Keeping all of your leads in one place will help you stay organized and allow you to mark off those you have already responded to.