Photo by Bradley Images
Even when you’re at your busiest during wedding season, your Storefront still needs a little love! Actively maintaining your Storefront will help you book business throughout the year. We’re not talking about a major time commitment or Storefront overhaul – you can build simple Storefront revisions and updates into your process to make it manageable for your busy schedule.
Here are a few easy ways to ensure your Storefront makes a strong impression for your business year-round:
Review your main image – and make sure it still stands out!
Even though it’s small, your thumbnail image is very important! That tiny photo could make or break a couple’s decision to click to your Storefront as they are browsing the WeddingWire directory for wedding professionals in your category. Make sure that your business stands out by adding a high quality, compelling image.
- Avoid using generic photos. You want to showcase your expertise in a way that will catch the eye of a couple. Be sure to use professional photography to ensure that the photo composition, lighting and focus are ideal.
- Test it on mobile. Couples are browsing through Storefronts on their phones, so take a moment to ensure that your thumbnail is compatible. Is it missing the detail you were trying to show? Did you turn the couple into headless horsemen? If so, fix it!
- Look at your competition’s thumbnail images. You’ll want your main image to stand out and make the best first impression of your business so that you will attract more engaged couples. It’s important to check this a few times per year to ensure that it still stands out.
Read all of the text on your Storefront out loud.
Take the time to read through your FAQs (and all of the text on your Storefront); as silly as it might feel, do it out loud! Does it mention old services that you no longer offer? Question every sentence to make sure that you are describing your business accurately and using language that connects directly with the couple reading it.
- Change any language that doesn’t sound like you are talking to a couple! You want to send a consistent message and sound relatable. Don’t forget that couples are often looking for a vendor that they can connect with, not just someone who provides a service. You are important to them, so they want to feel that connection with you.
- Add a call to action. The couple is on your Storefront after all, so you’ve already gotten them this far! Tell them what they should do next (contact you!). This provides a sense of direction and urgency. Let them know that you look forward to connecting with them about their big day.
Captivate couples using your reviews.
After your thumbnail image and your Storefront photos, the next thing a couple will look at is your reviews. The more reviews you have, the more engaged couples will be able to see the consistency of your work and the way past couples feel about you. The more recent your reviews, the more a couple will be able to see that your business is presently providing a great service. Couples care what you did last week or last month, not so much what you did over a year ago!
While having a ton of reviews is great, it’s not the only thing couples are considering when they are looking at your reviews. Couples are also looking at the recency, your responses and emotional keywords that can connect them to experiences you provided other couples.
- Update your highlighted review. Premium members can highlight a review; choose a review that is recent, short-to-medium in length and uses great emotional words at the beginning. Don’t pick the longest review you’ve ever received. Couples are likely to skim, so you want them to quickly get the gist when reading through. This doesn’t have to be your most recent review, but it should ideally be one from the same calendar year.
- Respond to all reviews and make sure your responses include personal details about that couple’s day. These responses should be written with future couples in mind and show that you are engaged with the couple from start to finish.
Build these tips into your recurring to-do list to make sure that you are maximizing your leads and bookings throughout the year. Even setting aside 30 minutes a week to respond to recent reviews and look over your Storefront will benefit you in the long-run – you can do it!