Yesterday, we hosted our monthly educational webinar for premium members. WeddingWire CMO Sonny Ganguly shared his insights into the past, present and future of technology. This annual series is always one of our most fun and interesting webinars!
From wearable tech to the internet of things and health improvements, we have a lot of exciting things to look forward to both in business and everyday life.
- Social: Social media is still a place where our audiences spend a lot of their time. However, the focus of sharing is shifting from text updates and tweets to sharing photos and video on emerging social sites such as Instagram, Tumblr and Snapchat.
- Mobile: Our smartphones are continuing to evolve, and will take over our desktops. Screens are getting larger, and wireless energy is being developed to make us fully accessible at all times. It will be easier than ever to run your business on-the-go!
- Payments: Devices are going to take the place of our money and wallets. Smart technology and secure apps such as Coin and iPay are being created and rolled out to the masses to make payments seamless without paper and plastic.
- AR/VR: This stands for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. These are both tools that can help you learn more about the world around you, and make your life easier by integrating technology into our daily lives and work through a wearable device, or integrating with our tech like phones and tablets.
- On Demand: On demand services are ever-growing in popularity to make their user’s lives easier by providing a good or service any time you need it. Apps like car service provider Uber, and food delivery platform Instacart are examples.
- 3D Printing: 3D printers are becoming mainstream and affordable, and are able to print anything, anywhere. Printers are being developed to create edible food, printed cars and homes and more!
- Wearables: Wearable devices are being developed rapidly to address any need. From smart contact lenses to watches and more, you will see more and more people wearing stylish tech next year and beyond.
- Internet of Things: Our devices are not only going to work smarter to make our lives more seamless, but they are going to talk to one another! Expect to have at least 10 interconnected ‘things’ from your phone, to your car, house lock and more in the coming years.
- Health: Tech updates are also going to improve our health and help us live longer. From tele-medicine to get treated by doctors virtually near and far, to tech and pills to help monitor our health and even 3D printed organs, we will be able to live healthier lives and catch illnesses earlier.
- Time Travel: This is still a bit in the future, but the fastest transportation to date will help keep us moving forward. We will be living in a more globally focused world!
We know that keeping up to date on all the latest tech developments or looking into the future may seem overwhelming, but it is exciting to know what lies ahead. After all, you always want to be sure to “play where the puck is going to be!”
Looking for more education this month?
We are excited to announce our first ever Twitter Chat for Pros like you! WeddingWire Education Guru Alan Berg will be answering all your pricing questions as you prepare for the New Year and newly engaged couples. Be sure to tune in on Twitter next Thursday, 12/18 at 1pm EST/ 10am PT.
Mark your calendars to follow along with #WWEDUChat, and be sure to check back tomorrow for full details!