So far, 2013 has been the year of the tablet! PC sales are down, and we are quickly entering a “one screen world” where work, phone, music, entertainment and more are all centered around a tablet.
Once a novelty item, tablets have become mainstream devices – and often the computing device of choice for businesses, families, consumers and more on-the-go.
Check out some latest must-know tablet stats:
- 30 percent of U.S. households with Internet access own at least one tablet, and 48 percent of U.S. households will own tablets by 2014.
- Internet users view 70 percent more pages per visit when browsing with a tablet compared to a smartphone.
- The Internet accounts for 24 percent of total device usage for U.S. iPad owners.
- 68 percent of U.S. tablet owners who use their devices while watching TV use them to surf the Web.
- Female iPad owners spend an average of 15 hours, 5 minutes per month using mobile apps, compared to 12 hours 24 minutes for males.
- Almost 90 percent of tablet users who visit e-commerce sites do so via an iPad.
- More tablets will be shipped in 2015 than desktop computers and laptops combined.
What do you think? Is your business ready for the “tablet takeover?”