It can be challenging to stay on top of the latest social media sites and trends — especially while you are busy running a successful wedding business. But there’s no need to feel overwhelmed. Social media doesn’t have to require lots of time to make a big impact on your client reach!
This infographic shares the four key social media sites where you will make the greatest impact with your target audience of engaged and pre-engaged couples today. Review these tips from WeddingWire CMO Sonny Ganguly to learn how to leverage the social media four: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat.
Today’s couples are planning their wedding while on-the-go. Does your business make a great impression, and stand out on all devices? Thinking ‘mobile-first’ creates an exceptional brand experience from phone to tablet to desktop, and impresses your target audience!
During this one hour webinar for premium members, WeddingWire CMO Sonny Ganguly shared his tips for how to best engage with mobile-friendly couples, his top ‘mobile mantras’ for your business and the best 15 apps of the year.
Here are Sonny’s seven mobile mantras to set your business up for success:
- Mobile first: When designing your website and emails, think ‘mobile first’ with an easy to read and navigate core design, that you can build upon and modify as devices get larger and for desktop.
- Mobile end-to-end: Set the goal to make all your communication and campaigns a strong experience from end to end from all devices. For example, if you create a great email, make sure it works just as well from a mobile opener as a desktop!
- Mobile conversion: Make sure you add a simple and easy to use contract from to your website for mobile visitors. The form should be large enough to type easily from phones, and not ask for unnecessary fields which will cause drop-offs in your leads.
- Mobile mail: 70% of WeddingWire consumer emails are opened on mobile devices, which means your clients are opening your emails on the go as well! Make sure your emails are mobile-friendly by always testing them on a mobile device with clear calls to action for the greatest engagement.
- Mobile payment: Accept payments from your mobile devices to close more sales quickly. Devices such as Squares plug right into your smartphone, and with new apps for payments such as Apple Wallet – mobile payments are only going to continue to rise.
- Mobile audience: Prepare your business for your clients and store all their important event information in one easy to access place by using WeddingWire Client Sites, available in premium accounts. Both you and your client can log in any time, and from any device to finalize payment, track contracts and add event info.
- Mobile me: Mobile devices are becoming even more personal and easy to use. Smartphones, watches and assisting systems such as Siri are getting to know and remembering your preferences, and are more able to be tailored than ever before. Stay ahead with the latest tech!
Yesterday, WeddingWire CMO Sonny Ganguly hosted our annual webinar, Top Business Resolutions, to kick the new year off right. Sonny shared his best tips for a successful year for your business from brand to website, reviews and more.
Here is a sneak peek of the top 10 tips, and be sure to watch the full webinar in the Education Center!
- Brand: Focus on brand consistency for your business, and work to create a quarterly PR plan.
- Website: Make it easy for website visitors to contact you. Create an easy to use contact form and place it very prominently on your site, then use Google Analytics to see how your site performs.
- SEO: Every page on your site should have a page title, meta description, meta tags and H1 tag to build strong SEO.
- Social: Commit to being active on Facebook + two other sites at the least. This year, we recommend Instagram and Pinterest to reach your target audience most effectively.
- Video: Create and post videos across all your sites – from your website to your Storefront to social media. Video is very engaging and a great way to showcase your work.
When it comes to technology, things are changing quickly! WeddingWire CMO Sonny Ganguly explores what’s coming next in tech so you can be prepared for 2015 and beyond in our latest infographic below.
Yesterday, we hosted our monthly educational webinar for premium members. WeddingWire CMO Sonny Ganguly shared his insights into the past, present and future of technology. This annual series is always one of our most fun and interesting webinars!
From wearable tech to the internet of things and health improvements, we have a lot of exciting things to look forward to both in business and everyday life.
Find below a snapshot of Sonny’s top 10 emerging tech trends, and be sure to check out the full webinar any time in our Education Center!
- Social: Social media is still a place where our audiences spend a lot of their time. However, the focus of sharing is shifting from text updates and tweets to sharing photos and video on emerging social sites such as Instagram, Tumblr and Snapchat.
- Mobile: Our smartphones are continuing to evolve, and will take over our desktops. Screens are getting larger, and wireless energy is being developed to make us fully accessible at all times. It will be easier than ever to run your business on-the-go!
- Payments: Devices are going to take the place of our money and wallets. Smart technology and secure apps such as Coin and iPay are being created and rolled out to the masses to make payments seamless without paper and plastic.
- AR/VR: This stands for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. These are both tools that can help you learn more about the world around you, and make your life easier by integrating technology into our daily lives and work through a wearable device, or integrating with our tech like phones and tablets.
How social is your business? Today’s couples are highly engaged on social media and love sharing, posting and liking as they plan their wedding online and on-the-go. 72% of internet users are active on social media and 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision – and this includes decisions for their big day! Social marketing is a must for your brand in the wedding industry.
WeddingWire CMO Sonny Ganuguly hosted this month’s educational webinar for premium members and shared his tips for how to stand out online and build a strong brand using social media.
Check out these tips for building a buzzworthy brand on top social media sites:
- When posting on Facebook, the largest social network, keep in mind the highest traffic occurs mid-week between 1-3pm, and post engagement is 18% higher on Thursday and Friday. Be sure to post great content at these times!
- Twitter users are three times more likely to follow brands than Facebook users. Learn more about your followers by reviewing the recently launched analytics.twitter.com and tailor your sharing according to your user interest and engagement style.
- Google+ is the 2nd largest social network in regards to amount of users. While they still working to increase user engagement on this site, take advantage of the boost it can give your posts! Posts see a +350% increase when shared using the +1 button so be sure to add this button to your posts and create a business Google+ account. Not only are 6 billion hours watched per month on YouTube, but it is also the #1 network for 18-34 year olds.