Reviews are a key way to showcase your expertise – all from the voice of happy couples! Don’t just collect reviews, make sure you showcase them in creative ways to promote your excellent work. Don’t be afraid to toot your own horn – it’s an excellent way to gain new business!
10 Creative Ways to Use Your Reviews:
- On your website: Add your reviews and sound bites from happy couples to your website, and not just on a testimonial page! Consider adding a testimonial on all your website pages – especially your homepage.
- In your marketing: Add testimonials or reviews to your marketing collateral. Reviews should be on all important materials that would reach new potential clients. After all, 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations!
- On your packages or pricing info: Reviews and testimonials from past clients are a great addition to your pricing to show the value behind your services. This will also help support the reasoning behind your cost structure, showing couples that you are the right professional to book for their wedding or event.
- On social media: Share your new reviews on social media to quickly reach your audience and build positive brand awareness. A few ideas include, creating a quick post on Instagram, snapping the new review on Snapchat or sharing to Facebook. This is made easy through the Facebook share buttons in the Reviews tab of your WeddingWire account.
- On your business cards: Make a lasting first impression by adding a great review sound bite to your business cards. Not only will this help to make you more memorable, but will also show your value, allowing you to stand out from the competition.
- In your promo videos: Easily add a quick testimonial right from a happy couple’s mouth with a short video. Video testimonials show a real couple and capture their genuine appreciation for your services which can make a big impact. These can then be shared on your website, social media, etc.
- In your wedding show booth: Create materials such as postcards, signage and more to show your reviews in your wedding show booth. This will help make your business stand out from the rest by making a couple to couple connection. Also be sure to showcase any review related awards you have won, such as WeddingWire Rated™ or the WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Awards®.
- In your email communication: Consider adding a favorite review to your email signature, as well as a link to your WeddingWire reviews URL. That way, interested couples can quickly click through to read your great reviews, and this will help encourage them to leave you a review post-event by showing that these reviews matter to you!
- On your blog: Add the WeddingWire Review Widget to your business’ blog and website to showcase your reviews on those sites. Also consider adding the Review Us button to those sites to encourage past clients to review your business to continue collecting new reviews.
- In your photo gallery: Couples love to see photos of your work, and tend to go to that section of your website or Storefront first. Make a lasting impression by posting quick testimonials to those pages to create that visual connection between great reviews and happy couples.
Ready to put your reviews to good use? Visit the Reviews tab of your WeddingWire account to collect more reviews with the Review Collector tool, add your reviews to your website with the Review Widget, and set a customized Review URL to grab some of your best review sound bites for your marketing!
Plus, the more reviews you have on WeddingWire, the more you stand out! Earn badges through the WeddingWire Rated™ review program, which instantly recognizes how many reviews you have and boosts your badge level with each new milestone. Aim to join the 100 Review Club for Pros with over 100 wedding reviews!
Virtual hugs are in order! With three million reviews, WeddingWire is the #1 site for couples to see newlywed feedback as they build their vendor team. We hope you’re feeling the love today, because more reviews for your business means more opportunities to reach new clients.
To sweeten the pot, we’re offering a $5 gift card to newlyweds who review at least five of their vendors before March 31, 2017. Be sure to ask your former clients to put in a good word for you to win free money toward Starbucks, Amazon or Sephora purchases. <<More contest details here>>
Wondering why reviews are so important to your business? Read up!
3 Reasons Why Wedding Reviews Are Important to Couples: We’ve seen just how important online reviews have become – and how couples are using this information throughout the entire planning process – from researching prospective vendors to making a final booking.
Your Reviews Are Working Harder for You: Couples are now able to easily find reviews related to the type of event they are planning. We’ve found through user testing that more relevant reviews can resonate even stronger with potential clients.
10 Creative Ways to Use Your Reviews: Beyond just collecting reviews, make sure you make your reviews easy to find, and consider adding them to all your marketing collateral including emails, websites, materials and more.
Thank you to all of our Pros for working so hard to collect reviews for your business!
During the month of December, we asked WeddingWire couples to leave reviews for their wedding professionals for a chance to win a $1,000 Amazon gift card for themselves AND a $1,000 Amazon gift card for the Pro they reviewed.
We’re happy to announce that the winners of our December Review Contest are Brian and Amanda of Dallas, TX for their review of Black Tie Sounds and Lighting!
To make it easy for our Pros to prioritize and collect reviews, we added pre-populated messaging in the WeddingWire Review Collector tool to help spread the news about the contest. The Review Collector allows premium Pros to create email templates for review requests and schedule them to send on a future date.
When it comes to collecting reviews, WeddingWire is the most trusted resource for engaged couples searching for their wedding team, with over two million reviews and counting! And don’t forget – you can earn awards for the quantity and quality of your reviews through annual programs like the WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Awards® and WeddingWire Rated.
While this contest ended in December, we offer an ongoing review program that rewards reviewers with up to $75 in gifts just for writing reviews. Feel free to share with your clients as an added incentive all year round!
Congratulations again to Brian, Amanda and Black Tie Sounds and Lighting, and good luck to all our Pros collecting reviews all year round!
We are excited to announce a new added benefit for WeddingWire members: custom review-focused business cards!
WeddingWire has teamed up with MOO.com to introduce new review cards, which make it easy to initiate a professional request to ‘Review Me.’ You can hand these cards to your next client post-event, or use them to show off your great reviews to a prospective client and help close the deal. To make it even more exciting, these cards are always 20% off for WeddingWire members!
Check out the designs and learn how to place your order, below!
Ready to create your cards?
- Simply visit moo.com/weddingwire, designed just for WeddingWire members
- Select either the Review Us on WeddingWire or Read Our Reviews on WeddingWire cards (or get both!)
- Click ‘Start Making’
- Click the card to add your details: business name, name, Storefront URL, email address, phone number, and even add your logo if you would like
- Select your paper preferences and the number of cards you would like
- Checkout! Your 20% off discount for WeddingWire is automatically applied to your order of WeddingWire Review business cards
Did you know? Upgraded Pro can customize their Storefront URL so it will fit better on the card (and be more memorable). Here’s a quick explanation of how to do it!
If you are not a premium Pro, you can still set up your own bit.ly link to make it simpler for prospective clients to find your Storefront, and simply add it as a custom link when creating your cards.
Not sold on the value of reviews for your business? Here are a few reasons why reviews matter, and check out our infographic all about how reviews impact your business’ success!
- Today’s engaged couples are searching for their wedding professionals online, and 95% use online reviews to select their wedding professionals
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- Wedding pros with 10 or more reviews on WeddingWire receive an average 123% more Storefront clicks
- WeddingWire is the most trusted and largest vendor reviews site for engaged couples, with over 2 million vendor reviews
So what are you waiting for? Order your cards and let your clients do the business bragging for you!
We are thrilled to announce that newlyweds and professional peers have submitted more than two million vendor reviews, the largest number of reviews on any wedding and event industry site!
As the necessity of reviews continues to build across the wedding and events industry, reaching two million WeddingWire reviews is a huge milestone. These reviews represent experiences in working with wedding professionals in the United States and Canada, across more than 20 service categories.
As we continue to grow, don’t forget about the many ways we reward you for new reviews! Our December Reviews sweepstakes, where each review written on WeddingWire during the month of December enters that the couple AND their reviewed vendor to each win one of two $1,000 Amazon gift cards. Also, the WeddingWire Rated™ program continuously recognizes wedding professionals across the country for their commitment to providing quality service with various badges, based on their number of reviews.
We’ll also soon announce the winners of the annual WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Awards®! Couples’ Choice Awards® winners, distinguished as the top 5% of local wedding professionals in more than 20 service categories based on their quality, service, responsiveness and professionalism, are determined specifically by engaged couple and newlywed reviews.
This achievement signals a major trend in the wedding space where engaged couples are not only relying on reviews to help make their critical wedding decisions, but are actively giving back to all engaged couples in the future. The collective 2,000,000 vendor reviews help engaged couples find their perfect wedding vendor team and strengthen the online reputation and credibility of our community of wedding professionals, which ultimately helps them grow their businesses.
Thank you to all of our Pros for being so dedicated in collecting reviews for your business!
Late last year, you may recall that we announced our holiday giving program, Love. Write. Feed. For every vendor review written about one of our Pros on WeddingWire, we donated $1 towards a warm meal to feed those in need during holiday season!
The donations went to one of our five food bank partners within the region where the vendor is located. With over 42,000 reviews received during the campaign, we reached our goal! We were able to donate 41,600 meals across our food bank partners! Here’s the breakdown of how the meals were donated:
Of course, we could not have reached our goals without the help of all our Wedding Pros, who helped us by providing their clients with an experience worth reviewing, as well as the wonderful WeddingWire users who wrote the reviews. Thank you all so much for helping us make a difference in the lives of people across the nation!
Many of our Pros even took the initiative to match their own reviews with donations to charities of their choice! Thank you to those generous businesses who contributed through their own efforts.
Thanks again to all our Pros, couples and food bank partners for making the WeddingWire Love. Write. Feed. program a success!
On Monday I wrote about our Rated Program logo being updated and encouraging you to grab it for your website and blog, but I came across this article on copyblogger about making the most of your testimonials that I thought provided great tips to using them effectively in your marketing efforts. We all know customer testimonials are vital in our marketing, but how many of you have thought about how best to use them?
The 10 ways consist of:
- Select testimonials from customers similar to your prospects.
- Select testimonials that give specifics.
- Edit carefully and lightly.
- Group testimonials for greater impact.
- Use many short quotes instead of a few long ones.
- Don’t be afraid of long testimonials.
- Include full names, titles, and locations when possible.
- Feature photographs (maybe).
- Enclose each testimonial in quotation marks.
- Use a powerful headline to introduce testimonials.
The article contains more detailed information on each bullet point. So if you’ve got testimonials, or reviews on WeddingWire, be sure to make them work for you. You’ve done great work in the past, now show prospective clients how you make their dream wedding happen.
Have you done something unique or different with your testimonials? Leave a comment to share the community.
For those that haven’t noticed yet, our 2008 WeddingWire Rated badges are available to place on your website. These badges are meant for your websites and blogs so potential clients easily click through to your reviews (our system generates the code that will link it to your reviews automatically)
You can find this badge in your account by logging in > click on Marketing > click on WeddingWire Rated. Just paste the code onto your website. It’s that easy!
Do you have the Rated badge on your website or blog? Leave a comment with the link!