As the end of the year approaches, it’s a great time to re-examine your marketing strategy! Small changes to your marketing strategies and tactics can often have a big impact on your business. It doesn’t have to take a lot of effort to update the way your business comes across to potential customers!
These 10 quick tips address the various areas where you can easily refresh your marketing strategy:
Social Media Marketing
10. Refresh your “Following” list. Whenever a business sets up a company page on social media, one of the first actions taken is to follow or “Like” other friendly businesses or thought leaders – and then it’s forgotten about. Take some time to update the pages/accounts you’re following on each network. You’ll be surprised at the new ideas that can be sparked by hearing yet another point of view, and many businesses will follow or “like” you back!
9. Add social widgets to your website or blog. Make it easy for your website visitors or blog readers to become a fan on your social media accounts by adding each network’s widget to your website. Widgets like Facebook’s Like box, Twitter’s Embedded Timelines and Pinterest’s buttons and widgets are all fairly easy to add to your website and allow your visitors to find your account and interact with it right from the page they’re already on.
8. Create a video about your business. Even before you meet a potential client face to face, your website or Storefront is representing your brand. You probably have plenty of content about your business and photos of your work, but have you considered the power of video marketing? Try using our easy-to-use Video Builder tool to create a video with your own photos and music of your choice.
7. Check your website’s health. Go through your website and take inventory! Which pages have broken links? Are there any pages that load slowly? These issues factor into the quality of your website when it’s being evaluated by a search engine, so make sure your website is up-to-date and that everything is working properly.
6. Optimize your blog posts for search engines. If you’re writing blog posts on a regular basis, that’s a great step towards getting your business’s expertise out there. The work doesn’t stop there, though! Make your content more visible by identifying and researching the keywords visitors would type in to find you and add those to your blog posts. Make sure they’re in the title, content and meta data. People searching those keywords will be more likely to find your educational and helpful content!