As of today, we’ve published 1,000 blog posts on the WeddingWireEDU Blog. We are excited to have reached this milestone in our efforts to continue education for all our wedding and events professionals!
Since our first blog post in June of 2008, WeddingWireEDU has been hard at work providing the latest educational resources for our community of Pros on a variety of topics, including:
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Small business tips and guidelines
- Customer relationship management
- Sales strategies and tactics
Before we added more extensive resources to the in-account Education Center for premium Pros, we were writing posts for people within our network and beyond. For a little trip down memory lane, head over to our Archive page and view our posts by date to see how we’ve grown!
We want to extend a huge thank you to all the amazing Wedding Pros who helped us reach this exciting milestone and have been part of the journey! Questions and requests from our community help us learn how we can best help wedding professionals and power your business.
What would you like us to post about next? Let us know in the comments!
Do you want to save time while booking more weddings? This month’s educational webinar for premium members focused on how to sell more clients from each appointment – whether it be an in-person meeting, phone call, email or even Google Hangout! WeddingWire Education Guru Alan Berg hosted the webinar and shared his best tips on how to ‘pop the question’ to convert more appointments into clients, and how to effectively and quickly sell your services.
What are the keys to having better appointments?
- Be present. Focus on each appointment by avoiding other distractions and really listening to the potential client, their needs and referencing them back in conversation to show you’re paying attention. This also shows you find their time valuable and will make them feel a positive connection with you and your business.
- Build rapport. Take time to get to know each client’s personality and basic background, and what they are looking for in a professional like you. This shows you care about them as a couple and want their business, and don’t see them as just another source of income.
- Make it all about them. Everyone wants to feel special on their big day! Making the appointment about what they want and how you can help will make it easy for them to picture you as part of their wedding day team. It will also make your appointment feel like less of a sales pitch and more of a conversation.
- Ask them what they want. You won’t know what they’re looking for unless you ask! Asking exactly what services they need will also help to streamline costs and event details to more quickly move into a contract should the client be ready at appointment close or in the near future!
- Ask better, open-ended questions. Avoid yes or no questions as much as possible. Open-ended questions allow the client to share more of their insights, and allow you to get a better vision of their wants and needs and how you can tailor your services accordingly to effectively sell your business.
- Recognize if it is a good fit or not. Not all clients are a perfect fit for your services and business, and vice versa. If it’s clear that you are not a good match, politely say so to save both your time and your potential clients’ time. If handled tactfully and respectfully it will be appreciated as everyone’s time is valuable.
As a busy wedding and event professional, we know that it may be difficult to find the time to invest in yourself and your continued education. However, educational events like top industry and category-specific conferences, as well as joining top national associations and attending local chapter and networking events for other Wedding Pros are incredibly valuable.
Three keys to growing your business and expanding your reputation through education include:
- Attending the best educational industry conferences for your business (see our list below for some ideas!)
- Reviewing top Associations and groups in your service category and local location and considering a membership for added education, networking opportunities, special member benefits and more
- Networking with other local Pros You Know and attending events to make new connections – they could lead to your next big referral (and don’t forget to return the favor!)
Show your commitment to your business and personal growth by exploring these valuable education events and opportunities. Here is a list of a few of the education and association conferences WeddingWire and our Education Experts will be at this year – we would love to see you there! Check them out for more information and to see if they are a fit for your business.
- WeddingWire World: Learn with WeddingWire! Attend our own dedicated user’s conference full of top educational sessions created to grow your business from the industry’s leaders, one-on-one customer support sessions to maximize your account, as well as great networking opportunities with industry peers and more. There is exciting news coming your way about WeddingWire World 2014 – stay tuned for details coming soon!
- WPPI: The Wedding & Portrait Photography Conference and Expo is taking place in Las Vegas, NV on March 3-5, 2014. Attendees learn tips, strategies, news and more through classes, seminars and expo booths dedicated for professional wedding photographers. Continue reading
Yesterday, we hosted our monthly educational webinar for premium members. This month, we focused on mobile technology and the best mobile apps to help you run your business! WeddingWire CMO Sonny Ganguly gave the latest stats on mobile apps adoption and growth as well as shared a list of 41 apps you’ll love (since the average smartphone user has 41 downloaded apps!).
Communication has evolved rapidly over the past 50 years. We’re in the middle of a mobile revolution – mobile use will actually surpass desktops within the next 4 months! To keep up with the mobile growth, make sure you mobilize your website, emails, payments and your client experience. Also, don’t forget to mobilize yourself by investing in a smartphone and/or tablet if you haven’t already!
Check out some more interesting stats from this month’s webinar:
- 82 billion apps have been downloaded in 2013
- 1.5 billion apps are available in the Apple Store and Google Play
- Revenue from apps in 2013 is projected to be $25 billion
- 800 apps are downloaded every second from the Apple Store
- 4.4 billion people worldwide will use apps by 2017
- Within the next 9 months there will be more mobile devices than people on earth
Sonny also named his top 41 apps you should download today to help your business – you can find these and more on our Pinterest board, Apps to Make Your Life Easy!
One thing to remember: mobile is quickly becoming an all-in-one technology to which we’re constantly connected! Follow the tips in this month’s webinar to get ahead of the curve.
Want to watch this webinar? All of our past webinars are available in our Education Center for premium Pros! And stay tuned for information on next month’s webinar.
Yesterday, WeddingWire CMO, Sonny Ganguly, presented ‘Entering the Mobile Revolution: 5 Ways to Prepare Your Business’ as part of our monthly webinar series.
Each one hour webinar for paying members is designed to inform you about the latest industry trends and give you the tools you need to grow your business. This month’s webinar focused on:
- How to prepare your business for the mobile revolution
- Mobile trends, interesting statistics and fun facts about mobile growth and it’s impact on your business
- How to connect with potential clients, and stand out among the competition on mobile devices
- The impact the mobile revolution has on search results
- How to mobilize your business by dinnertime, using the Go Mobile tool
All of our past webinars are available in our Education Center for paying members. Stay tuned for more on our upcoming August webinar!
We have a number of resources available in our Education Center to help your business with Marketing, Finance, Sales, Business Tools, Innovation, Trends & Stats.
Also available within the Education Center are past webinars from our CMO, Sonny Ganguly. You can follow along at your convenience and learn important information to benefit your business.
Take advantage of the Education Center, available within your WeddingWire account to gain industry knowledge and tips for small businesses to grow. We continue to add new and up to date articles for your reference. Organized by category, learn more about Marketing, Sales, Finance, Business Tools, Innovation, and Trends & Stats.
Leave a comment below and let us know what you’d like to learn about!
In our commitment to help grow your business, WeddingWire continually updates and expands our online Education Center which houses articles, webinars, and other tools for Wedding Pros. We are excited to announce our new Education Partner, WedLock, the Online Learning Community for Wedding Pros.WedLock, a resource for small businesses in the wedding industry, provides online forums, monthly webinars and a bi-monthly journal.
With a wealth of knowledge from industry experts, WedLock aims to help your business with marketing, networking, and much more. As a WeddingWire member, you will now have access to recent WedLock articles featured in the Education Center! Stay tuned for more articles to come.
In addition, Wedlock is now offering special deals exclusively for WeddingWire members, including 15% off and a free bonus offer! For more information, click here>>
WeddingWire’s CMO, Sonny Ganguly, held a webinar on Successful Sales Strategies this past Tuesday. Our monthly webinars for upgraded WeddingWire Pros are designed to inform you about the latest industry trends and give you the tools you need to grow your business. This week Sonny discussed a variety of sales strategies that have proven effective for small and large businesses alike. Drawing reference from many real word examples including, Target, Subway, and Kraft.
Past webinars are available in the Education Center for upgraded Wedding Pros to reference at any time. Coming up next month: Sonny will present Big Business Ideas for Small Businesses. Just because you have a small business, doesn’t mean you can’t think big!