Here are some of the big changes:
1. Technology matters: Couples now spend 50% of their time planning from a smartphone (up from 30% last year).
2. Uniformity is out: Bridesmaids are more likely to wear non-matching than in previous years, a trend we’ve seen continue to grow.
3. While the average wedding price tag hasn’t grown, millennials spend a bit more: $31,000 on average.
But, some things are staying put:
1. The average price of a wedding is still about $28,000. Spend on honeymoons ($4,000) and engagement rings ($5,000) is also about the same as last year.
2. The first dance continues to be the most popular tradition for all couples, but same-sex couples are less likely to perform one.
3. The average number of wedding guests for straight couples is 124, just four more than last year. For same-sex couples, it’s 100.
There’s lots more information for wedding pros, so check out the full survey!