Chances are, your clients are often seeking new, creative ways to personalize their big day and create a unique experience for their guests. According to WeddingWire’s 2017 Newlywed Report, nearly 50 percent plan their wedding around a specific theme, and almost 25 percent create a signature cocktail for their reception.
Knowing the popularity of social media and the importance of personalization in the wedding planning process, WeddingWire has joined forces with Snapchat to allow couples to personalize their Snapchat wedding filters, schedule start and end time, set their geofence and pay conveniently all in one place. Couples can now create artfully designed, custom wedding Snapchat Geofilters for their wedding events directly on WeddingWire.
We put together a brief guide so that you can share this new feature with your clients to help them personalize their wedding and delight their guests.
Quick Guide to WeddingWire’s Customizable Snapchat Geofilters
- How do you make a custom geofilter? Simply visit the Snapchat Geofilter page on WeddingWire.com and follow the steps to start building a custom filter. Each filter design includes customizable text fields and fonts allowing couples to make the filter their own.
- What designs are available? In addition to dozens of signature WeddingWire designs, WeddingWire has also partnered with leading brands such as Lilly Pulitzer, Paper Source, and Tuckernuck, allowing couples to choose from a variety of themes and styles.
- How do the geofilters work? Geofilters are available in a select location, for a limited time, based on the couple’s specific event details. The couple designs and purchases the geofilter between 1-90 days before the event. During the event, guests pull up their Snapchat app, take a photo, and swipe right to add the filter!
- How much do they cost? Pricing is variable: Snapchat sets the filter cost proportional to the desired length of time and selected size of the geofence. As you enter your selections in Step 3, the price automatically updates accordingly.
- How can I use this tool in my business? You can tell your clients about this tool as a creative idea that they can incorporate into their wedding and/or other celebratory events; they’ll be delighted that you shared this with them! What’s more, anyone can create a custom geofilter, not just the couple! You could also offer to create a custom filter for the couples you serve – just be sure to run the design by them before purchasing it.
Head on over to the Snapchat geofilters page on WeddingWire to check it out for yourself!