Technology drives our world, and social media has quickly become a center of many people’s daily lives and is evolving at a very rapid pace. Yesterday, our monthly educational webinar, What’s New in Social Media, focused on all the latest in social media!
WeddingWire CMO, Sonny Ganguly, shared social media statistics and surprising updates from leading sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, and also discussed the newest and most quickly growing sites and apps that have hit the social scene. From Vine, Instagram Video, Tumblr, Path and more, Sonny shared insights into why these sites have people buzzing, and why they may matter for your business.
Check out some interesting take aways from this month’s webinar:
- Half of the world’s population uses Facebook (and there are 1.1 billion monthly active users!)
- 6 billion hours of YouTube is watched every month
- The leading two factors that will drive social media growth in 2013 are mobile and older users adoption
- 27% of total US internet time is spent on social networking sites, and 15% of total mobile internet time is spent on social sites
- Google+ is now the second largest social network, after Facebook
- Path is a new social site that is a more personalized social network, allowing you only up to 150 people to share content and posts with
- Tumblr powers over 126 million blogs
- 80% of Pins on Pinterest are Repins
- Instagram boasts over 130 million users and gets 575 likes per second
Be sure to review the full webinar in our Education Center for all the interesting social media stats, and the latest #trending apps! Remember, all of our past webinars are available in our Education Center for premium members, and stay tuned for information on next month’s webinar.