In order to have a successful social media strategy for your business, it is important to keep in mind the need to promote your social accounts outside of just positing on Facebook and Twitter to ensure your content reaches a broad audience.
Here are some unique ways to promote your social media accounts:
- Add to your Strorefront, website and blog: Be sure your social media accounts are active on all your important online business sites so people who are interested in your company are able to follow you. Also, add share buttons to allow your followers to share your content and reach a broader audience.
- Add to your business cards and email signature: Reach people you interact with offline. By adding your strong social media accounts to your business contact information, they will be able to reach you in a new, fun way while you build your followers.
- Include on your promotional items and marketing materials: If you have brochures, fun promotional items, signage and more, add your social media accounts.
- Create a contest: Creating a contest or give-away is a great opportunity to drive traffic to your social media accounts and add followers. Prizes can be gift cards, complimentary services or a personalized prize for an engaged couple. Promote your contests at bridal events and through your own networks.
- Mention it in conversations: Social media drives so much online conversation, but few people discuss it offline! At your next event, bridal show or networking experience, mention your blog, Facebook and Twitter accounts. If people do not know you are using social media to promote your business, they will not know to look for you and the valuable content you provide.
Social media is an important way to promote your business expertise and showcase your work. If you are working to build great content and connect to your audiences, you should be sure to share your accounts actively.
Do you have unique ways that you have shared your social media accounts or built new followers?