Recently, Twitter has unveiled cover photos, launching the site’s new profile page design. Have you seen the new design? Check out @WeddingWireEDU for an example!
Ready to update your account? Find step-by-step instructions below!
How to Set Up the New Twitter Profile Page:
- Log in to your Twitter account
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner, and select ‘settings’ in the drop-down menu
- In the menu of options listed to the left, select ‘design’ and you can select a pre-loaded image or upload your own (which we recommend to brand your business!)
- Scroll down to the ‘customize your own’ section, and select ‘change header’
- Keep in mind the image size requirements: the recommended dimensions are 1200×600, and the maximum file size is 5MB
- Select the image you would like to use from your computer files, and upload your new header. This can be an image from an event, or another image of your choice that represents your business and brand personality
- Once selected, simply drag and position to your liking, and click ‘save’
If you would like to change or update your background, you can easily do that as well. Follow steps 1—4, and select ‘change background.’ Then, select your background image of your choice, and click ‘save,’ noting the maximum file size of 800K.
Have additional questions about using Twitter Profile Pages for your business? Review Twitter’s tips on how to customize your profile design.