Being active on social media is a great way for your business to connect with your audiences, and engage with potential clients while sharing your business personality and industry expertise.
However, it is important to keep social media best practices in mind when you are posting, commenting, tweeting and connecting!
Twitter Best Practices
- When tweeting with links that you want followers to open, the best time is early afternoon from 1:00—3:00pm
- The best days for tweeting are Monday through Thursday
- It is not very effective to tweet after 8:00pm during the week for high levels of engagement
- Tweets after 3:00pm on Fridays do not perform well
Facebook Best Practices
- Wednesday at 3:00pm is the highest time for clicks on links in your posts
- Generally, links posted mid-week from 1:00—4:00pm drive the highest engagement
- Facebook traffic is highest between 9:00am and 4:00pm
- 11:00am is a high engagement time period, so aim to post anything with links at this time during the work week (for example, if you would like to drive to a specific blog post)