A relative newcomer, Pinterest, has taken the internet by storm as the fastest-growing social network. If you are not already familiar with the site, Pinterest is widely used by engaged couples, and is a very powerful outlet for Pros to showcase your amazing work and creative ideas!
Sign up your business to start creating themed pinboards, and adding pins of your event photos and videos to your account.
Pinterest is also a great tool to drive traffic to your business website, but will only be successful if you appropriately tag all your photos. Make sure to tag all images back to your website to ensure you get your well-deserved credit for your work as they go viral! Keep in mind that to avoid any copyright issues, attribute any photographers whose work you use so they also get recognition for their work.
Get Started with Top Pinterest Terms:
- Term for adding an image to Pinterest
- Image can be from a web link, website, or uploaded
- Ability to include captions to describe the image
- Once an image is pinned, it can be repined by other Pinterest users
- You can repin images on Pinterest, and add your own comment on the image which will be viewed by your followers
- Boards are created to store the images you have pinned
- Create separate boards for various subjects or themes, for example “outdoor weddings” or “engagement photo shoots” and pin your images to the boards that match their category best
Be sure to add your Pinterest account to your WeddingWire Storefront! Simply visit your Storefront’s ‘Business Details‘ section, and add your Pinterest account’s URL.
Also, make it easy for your followers to pin photos they love directly from your website to their own Pinterest boards, by adding a “Pin It” button to images on your website or blog. Finally, add a “follow me on Pinterest” button to your homepages to showcase your pinboards and gain followers.
Looking for wedding inspiration? Be sure to follow WeddingWire on Pinterest!