If you’re like me, you want your blog posts to reach as many people as possible. Feeds and social networks have made it easier, but this morning Chris Brogan highlighted a few easy ways to promote blog posts that reaffirmed most of what I do after each post I write. So I wanted to share to see what you’re doing to get word out that you’ve got a great post to read.
- Bookmark your best posts on Delicious
- Use StumbleUpon to bookmark posts as well
- Use the status message on LinkedIN to link to your blog post
- An interesting idea is when leaving a comment on an industry related blog, put the blog post link in the URL field instead of your normal blog URL. However, by no means mention your post. Simply leave an insightful comment adding to the discussion
- Share your post on Facebook using BlogCast (could the status message here as well)
- Make sure your posts get shared FriendFeed automatically
- Let Zemanta insert related article links at the bottom of your story. You can get the plug-in for WordPress, Movable Type, Firefox and others here.
- Tweet about your post on Twitter.
So what ideas work for you? Or better yet, didn’t work for you? I’d love to hear.