Your website’s job is to provide key information about your business, showcase your best work and impress clients to drive leads. When was the last time you considered if your business website is working hard enough for you?
In this month’s webinar for Premium members, WeddingWire Education Guru Alan Berg shared his tips to assess your current website’s success and target areas for improvement to boost your business — all before the end of the year!
Here’s a roundup of the seven tips:
- Update your website text: Aim to use conversational text on your site that connects with your target audience — engaged couples. Instead of making your content all about your business, make it all about your customer and bring to life your business.
- Do a text purge: Take a look at your site from an outside perspective, and come up with content that they don’t need to make a simple decision of whether to contact you or book your services. Often, too much text is overwhelming and causes your site visitors to bounce. Focus on your key take aways and make them easy to read and digest.
- Shorten your contact form: Long forms get in the way of more leads! The shorter the form, the less daunting it will seem to reach out and to ultimately work for you. Plus, shorter forms are more mobile-friendly. Focus on just the key info you need, then when you reach out ask them to provide more details like wedding date, location and style.
- Update your old images: When was the last time you refreshed your website photos? If it’s been a while, it may be time for an upgrade. Make sure you’re making a great first impression with high quality, modern images that will connect with newly engaged couples who are seeking inspiration and wanting to see your work in action.
- Narrate your photos: Consider adding captions or other narrative context to the photos you showcase on your site. Explain the photos and how your business brought their wedding day or event to life and tie in relevant keywords to boost your SEO. Keep these brief, but it can help make a personal connection to your site visitors.
- Add testimonials and reviews: Potential clients want to hear from others like them who have used – and loved your services, so make sure your reviews are easy to find! Add your WeddingWire Reviews widget to your website, and place a soundbite from an approved client testimonial on every page so they won’t be overlooked.
- Put calls-to-action on every page: Make it easy to connect with your business. Consider adding a contact form or clear button to learn more about your business to every page of your website. You can also use calls-to-action to get visitors to engage with content you would like to promote such as a real wedding video, content download or more.