We recommend that your business create a presence on Pinterest to showcase some of your best work, inspiration and your personality.
One of the latest features that Pinterest has rolled out is website verification for profile pages. This feature was designed to let other users learn more about your business and the people they are following on Pinterest.
Overall, this feature will allow you to highlight your business website URL on your profile. To verify your website, follow the steps outlined below. This feature is being rolled out over the next week, so if you do not have the option listed next, then you should over the next few days—just be sure to check back!
Verify Your Website on Pinterest:
- Step 1: Login to your Pinterest account and select ‘Settings’
- Step 2: List your full website URL in the ‘Website’ field, and select the ‘Verify Website’ button.
- Note: In order to appear more often in search, also fill out your business location city and make sure that ‘Search Privacy’ is off so you are able to be found
- Step 3: Click the bold ‘Download the HTML verification file’ and you will be directed to a confirmation screen
- Step 4: Upload the file that you just downloaded to your main web server (not a subfolder)
- Step 5: Click the bolded ‘Click Here’ you see on the verification screen so Pinterest can check your website for the HTML file to verify it, and will show a success message when the process is done!