A business website is an important tool to reach your potential clients where they are searching – online! When was the last time you updated your website? Find below some key elements that should be included on your website to effectively connect with your potential clients, and top tips to make your business standout!
5 factors to consider when evaluating your business website:
- Design: Your website must be visually appealing. Clean designs, easy to read copy, and fonts and colors consistent with you logo are important. Avoid bright or dark backgrounds, colorful fonts for large amounts of copy, and overcrowding the pages with content. When in doubt, remember “simplicity is key” to engaging clients on your website.
- Images: Be sure to include images of your work examples so potential clients can see you in action and get a sense of your work and capabilities. When deciding which images to include on the website, consider five aspects: purpose, tone, relevance, timeliness and uniqueness. The images you select to include on your website should pass the test of all five aspects in order to represent your brand. Remember to give credit when necessary as well, and obey by copyright laws.
- Brand Exposure: Make your branding apparent on all pages of your website. Be sure to include a business logo, create complimentary web designs, and include links to your social media accounts, blog, photo galleries and anything else you may want to share! These elements all work together to create your overall brand impression.
- Services and Experience: Make sure to provide information about your business, contact information, and of course what services you offer! List the services you provide, and be sure to note anything that makes you unique. Also, be sure to show off any industry rewards, memberships in industry Associations or experience that separates you from the competition. Consider giving a sneak peek into your team so website visitors get a sense of the personality of your business, and the passionate people who make it great!
- Reviews: Reviews are key to establishing a strong online reputation! Potential clients search for feedback from past clients as they are determining their wedding or event team, and reviews are a great way to show off and stand out. Get the My Reviews Widget to share select WeddingWire reviews right on your website. Simply copy-and-paste the HTML code into your website and your recent reviews are there for visitors to see!
Additionally, it is important to not let updates your website fall by the wayside. Take time to evaluate your website every so often, and do your best to view your website as a potential client who is not familiar with your business. Seeing your website from an outside perspective will help to determine areas of improvement that may ultimately lead to positive updates that bring more inquiries and bookings! Need another perspective? Consider asking a trusted friend or team member to take a look and send any suggestions to evaluate! More perspectives lead to more ideas, more points of view, and potentially more future business. Additionally, frequent updates improve how often your website is crawled by top search engines – ultimately improving your SEO!