Like it or not, sales skills are an important part of every successful wedding professional’s job! Do you ever talk yourself out of a sale? When was the last time you had a couple sell themselves?
This month’s educational webinar for premium members hosted by WeddingWire Education Guru Alan Berg provided key insights on how talking less, but with thoughtful intent, can help you make more sales in less time. After all, we all want to do business with people we know, like and trust!
Here are a few key tips:
- If you want more sales, ask better questions – and really listen to the answers!
- Ditch the pitch and instead focus on what details matter to the individual client to customize your sale to connect with each couple.
- Let the potential client the majority of the talking so you can learn more about their day, and don’t answer questions they haven’t asked.
- Don’t try to rush the decision making process, it can be a big decision to choose their wedding team that can take time!
- Remember that listening applies not only to appointments and calls but also emails and texts, so don’t data dump or over-share without finding more about their needs and wishes first.
- Close the sale when you see and hear buying signals (such as asking about price, or availability for a specific date), and don’t be afraid to ask for their business!
Want to learn more about these tips? Watch the full webinar!
All past webinars are available in the Education Center for Premium members to view anytime right from your WeddingWire account.