Reviews are key to your business’s online reputation, and it can be frustrating to get a review that you may not be satisfied with or feel you don’t deserve. Although you may disagree with the review, you need to be professional in your response. Here are some suggestions for responding to negative reviews you may receive on your WeddingWire account!
- Never write a response while you’re still upset. Take a few hours or even a day before responding to a negative review. Your response is public, so you want to make sure you don’t say something that you will regret later. When you’re calm and ready to address the issue, then you can begin the process.
- Check and re-check your response. Before posting the response, have someone else read it as well just to make sure it does not come off as defensive. You want your future clients to see that you are open to feedback. This is also a good way to check the tone in which a client would read the response. Always remain professional!
- Don’t play the “He Said, She Said” game. Remember, the customer is always right (even when they’re wrong!). Apologize for any mishaps you may have caused, or that even may have been outside your control, and point out your other great reviews as proof of your other satisfied customers.Always let them know you did value their business and ultimately your business goal was to help create a fantastic event and satisfied client.
- Keep it simple. Try not to post a long response; leaving a short 3-4 line response is best! Address the reviewer’s concerns, apologize and leave it at that.
What’s the best way to move on after a negative review? Keep collecting more reviews! The more recent reviews you receive, the lower that review gets pushed on your list. Use our Review Collector Tool to keep collecting positive reviews, and you’ll soon forget all about that negative review. Remember, a less than perfect review every so often also adds to credibility, after all, no one is perfect 100 percent of the time!
As a reminder, WeddingWire makes it easy to respond to your reviews! Here’s a quick step-by-step guide:
- Login to your WeddingWire Account
- Click on Advertising and then Storefront
- Scroll down to where you see the Profile tab, then click on Reviews
Pro tip: Don’t forget to respond to positive reviews, too! Let your reviewers know that you appreciate them taking the time to write a nice review. Responding to both positive and negative reviews helps show potential clients that you listen to your clients and want to help them have the best experience. It also shows you value the time they took to write the review after their event.
Looking for more review advice? Be sure to check out our infographic, 10 Ways to Get More Reviews, and also view our recent webinar available to premium members, Best Practices to Stand Out with Reviews.