In the competitive wedding and events industry, networking and industry recognitions are two leading factors to building your reputation and boosting your professional success.
This week, as part of our monthly educational webinar series for premium members, WeddingWire Education Expert Andy Ebon shared his insights into the value of networking, and how collaborations and joining associations can help your business grow.
Check out some of Andy’s tips below!
What are the best places to network?
- National Association meetings (industry or skill-based) and local chapter meetings
- Local industry networking groups
- National conferences
- Your local Chamber of Commerce or Visitors Bureau
- Community events
When you make a new connection, how can you continue the conversation and build a professional relationship?
- Send a follow up note, social media message, text or make a call
- Make plans to meet again over lunch, dinner, cocktails, or coffee
- Attend a local networking group together, or plan to meet up at a conference
- Build a professional relationship based around mutual respect, and when ready start referring clients to one another’s business
What do you do when you get a referral from an industry connection? Say thank you three times!
- When you get the referral
- When you book the business
- When you complete the business
For more details, be sure to watch the full webinar!
Did you know that all of our past webinars are available in our Education Center for premium Pros to view at any time? Check it out for some great education and inspiration on important topics for your business from sales to social media, marketing and more.