Every January starts with excitement about New Year’s Resolutions, but all too quickly they can be forgotten or pushed aside. Make 2016 your best year yet by setting business resolutions that you can actually keep, and that will have a lasting positive impact!
During this month’s webinar for premium members, WeddingWire Education Guru Alan Berg discussed the importance of setting challenging, yet achievable resolutions for yourself and your business each year.
Review Alan’s Top 5 Resolutions for Pros:
- Be respectful of time. As a busy Pro, you know that often, it can seem like there are simply not enough hours in the day! Save your own time, your clients time, and other professionals time, and keep your communication direct and concise. Also, work to respond to all inquires or questions in a very timely manner (aim for 24 hours or less!), even if just to acknowledge them.
- Be less connected to tech. While we all love technology and how it can make our lives more in sync, it can also be a distraction from personal interaction and taking the time to enjoy the moment. Challenge yourself to set some specific time to disconnect completely from tech each day, and focus on really connecting to the people and experiences in your life.
- Avoid hypocrisy. Wedding pros often have similar complaints when it comes to some clients. Next time you feel frustrated, take a moment to truly consider their point of view. After all, they are planning and investing in a once in a lifetime event. Wouldn’t you have questions, expect the highest quality service, and want to save some money if you could? Work to see their perspective, show empathy, and then use your experience to help them feel confident in their decision to do business with you.
- Shorten your to-do list. There is an easy way to shorten your to-do list without simply saying ‘no’ to more work! Make a daily ‘must-do’ list to go with your larger ‘to-do list.’ On this list, prioritize a handful of key actions that you must meet that day. Then, when the list is complete, move on to the next prioroity round of to-dos, or catch up on emails, calls or errands! You will feel accomplished and more relaxed, while keeping your focus on high priority items.
- Resolve to think bigger. Challenge yourself this year! What is the next big business step you hope to achieve? More revenue? More booked events? An expanded team? Consider what a better business means to you. From there, set three goals you hope to reach in 2016 that will get you to your next level. Create some metrics or programs that will help you reach your goals, and get started! Don’t forget to visit them regularly to stay on track, and see how you are progressing. A monthly check in can help!
For more great tips on creating and keeping your resolutions this year, watch the full webinar!
Commit to more education this year! All past webinars on a variety of important business topics for wedding Pros are available in the Education Center for premium Pros to view anytime, anywhere.