Many engaged couples today are environmentally focused, and making green choices for their wedding is an important priority as part of their planning process. According to a 2011 David’s Bridal survey, over 70% of engaged couples are seeking green alternatives. Stand out from your competition, and appeal to additional clients by providing eco-friendly options.
There are tons of creative ways to incorporate green conscious practices into your services – from ensuring comprehensive recycling facilities are available, to staying local to minimize a carbon footprint, to giving away green favors or even requesting gifts to a couple’s favorite eco-friendly charity. Ready to “go green” or take your environmentally friendly services up a notch? Consider becoming a Certified Green Wedding Professional.
Kate L. Harrison, Founder of green wedding resource GreenBrideGuide.com, has created the Green Wedding Professional Certification Course to teach Wedding Professionals everything you need to know to help clients go green and to market your business to this growing and lucrative client base.
In this course, you will:
- Learn the definition of a green wedding and its place in the history of the environmental movement
- Gain an understanding of the huge environmental impacts of weddings
- Study the importance of environmental certifications and the dangers of greenwashing
- Explore eco-friendly solutions to wasteful planning practices
- Connect with companies in your area to build a reliable network of local green vendors
- Discover ten easy steps you can take to green your event planning business and save money
- Learn techniques for incorporating the green message into your marketing
- Receive benefits including special discounts, Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC) points and a seal for your marketing collateral upon completion
Image: Graduates of the first live course in Mexico
Check the schedule to see if a live certification is coming to a city near you – with new stops added weekly. If you are interested in a self-paced online course, WeddingWire members will receive $200 off by using discount code GWP200 at checkout.
Check back soon for the top 10 tips to green your business – and ultimately save money – from Kate Harrison, Founder of GreenBrideGuide.com!