Today, we’re celebrating Mashable’s fifth annual Social Media Day!
Mashable launched the event in 2010 as a way to recognize this ever-growing marketing channel. Each year, thousands organize meetups to discuss social media and its broad impact on the digital world.
Even if you’re not attending a local meetup, Social Media Day is a great day for your business to think about social media marketing and your business’ strategy moving forward. It’s a day to look back at all the changes that have happened over the past few years and how your business has evolved with it!
Below are a few ways you can participate in Social Media Day 2014:
- Take some time to evaluate your social audience. When was the last time you followed or liked new businesses you support or could learn from? Are you following any accounts that are no longer relevant to you? The more relevant users you’re following, the better your experience will be!
- Update your social networks if you haven’t in a while. Upload a more recent profile image or cover photo, or update your About Us section. Keep these pages looking fresh so that your followers know your information is up-to-date.
- Check out our infographic from earlier this year to see which social networks Wedding Pros love the most. If you want to connect with other wedding and event professionals, use our infographic to guide your decisions for choosing your next social network.
- Follow the official hashtag #SMDAY on Twitter, Instagram and Google+ to see what others are doing to celebrate, or even register to attend a local Mashable Meetup.
- Don’t forget to connect with WeddingWireEDU on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+ to get updates and education, just for wedding professionals!
We hope you have a great time celebrating this special little holiday!